Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Season 2013 - 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

So the long talked about deal between Moratti and Thohir is finally done, Moratti says there will be an official statement in a few hours. Don't know how I feel about it, it will be interesting to see what he changes in how the club is run and what the stadium plans are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

dor83 wrote: »
    So the long talked about deal between Moratti and Thohir is finally done, Moratti says there will be an official statement in a few hours. Don't know how I feel about it, it will be interesting to see what he changes in how the club is run and what the stadium plans are.

I know what you're hoping :P

tumblr_m2kfncYojF1r9e80ro1_r1_500.gif

I'm actually not, I'd prefer if the club was run in a sensible and sustainable manner and he went about building a stadium or buying San Siro between the two clubs to increase match day revenue, while also marketing the club properly in Asia where there is quite a big following to help increase commercial revenue. The current model simply isn't sustainable, which is why Moratti is selling, and I wouldn't like a PSG/Monaco type situation either.

dor83 wrote: »
    I'm actually not, I'd prefer if the club was run in a sensible and sustainable manner and he went about building a stadium or buying San Siro between the two clubs to increase match day revenue, while also marketing the club properly in Asia where there is quite a big following to help increase commercial revenue. The current model simply isn't sustainable, which is why Moratti is selling, and I wouldn't like a PSG/Monaco type situation either.

I really do feel that the two clubs buying the San Siro is the best solution, rather than both building new stadia or the more likely situation of Inter building a new ground and Milan buying the San Siro on the cheap by threatening to build their own place instead.

The stadium is special and anything they build instead of it will just be another **** modern stadium.

I agree on that, San Siro is the best place I've ever watched football, but it would probably be cheaper to build a new stadium than to buy it, although getting permission to build a new stadium is almost impossible, the council don't want either to happen because they would lose too much money. There was talk recently that both clubs were looking into buying land around the stadium, including the horse racing track, which would suggest they want to buy the stadium and think it might actually be a possibility.

It's official.
    Today F.C. Internazionale Milano S.p.A. (“Inter”) and its majority shareholder Internazionale Holding S.r.l., wholly controlled by Massimo Moratti, have signed a binding agreement whereby International Sports Capital (“ISC”), a company indirectly owned by Erick Thohir, Rosan Roeslani and Handy Soetedjo, three prominent Indonesian businessmen, will become the controlling shareholder of Inter with a 70% stake by means of a dedicated capital increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Roma play Napoli at home tonight, should be a brilliant match. The top 2 teams in Italy atm, and both teams haven't lost a match yet this season.

DAJE ROMA !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Roma merda ;)

But can see them winning it, they're on a roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Score draw for me... Neither will want to lose and Napoli are well suited tactically to play Roma but are away from home and have CL midweek so I can see it being a case of settling for a draw if it's level going into the final quarter

I hope Roma score early as it will force Napoli to commit men forward and make the game more open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Would be happy with a point for Napoli. But think Roma at home might be too much for them. Although if Gervinho starts then there's always hope !

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    Would be happy with a point for Napoli. But think Roma at home might be too much for them. Although if Gervinho starts then there's always hope !

Gervinho has been great since his move to Roma. He has rediscovered his Lille form under his old boss.

Just seen the Napoli starting team, no Higuain again. Pandev starts up front with Callèjon playing off him. Maggio is back at full back instead of Zuniga. Just as well as he was destroyed at the Emirates.

Festy wrote: »
    Gervinho has been great since his move to Roma. He has rediscovered his Lille form under his old boss.

I know that. But I still don't rate him. :)

grenache wrote: »
    I know that. But I still don't rate him. :)

You might rate him after tonight :)

Roma (4-3-3): De Sanctis; Maicon, Benatia, Castan, Dodò; Pjanic, De Rossi, Strootman; Florenzi, Totti, Gervinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Totti off with a hamstring tweak.

De Rossi with an unreal goal line clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Totti off with a hamstring tweak.

De Rossi with an unreal goal line clearance.

I think the keeper deserves more credit than him to be fair, he got a good hand to it and took the sting out of it.

Obviously great work from the two of them to stop the goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Super free kick from Pjanic.

Great free kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

No stopping that free kick - Napoli really struggling to get back into it now too...

2-0 Roma Pjanic again

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

Never thought I'd say this again, but Maicon has been masterful tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

What a start to the season by roma! Excellent

Grazie Roma :)

That's 8 wins out of 8 now for Roma, with 22 goals scored and only one goal conceded.

Long may it continue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

****ing hell Roma... :eek:

• Advertisement

Can't believe how good Roma have been this season

Don't think they played particularly well last night and Napoli squandered a lot of chances. It's a good sign though to beat one of the top teams despite not playing well. De Rossi was absolutely immense though. Surely the finest DM in Europe.

Scoreline is quite misleading. Roma won't be as lucky in San Paolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Juve v The Viola starting on BT Sports now. The Artemio Franchi in Florence looks really well today.

1-0 Juve. Penalty from Tevez. No need to make the challenge. Was a fairly even Game up until that moment.

• Advertisement

Shambolic 2nd goal. Awful from Cuadrado.

Terrible defending alright, but neither Goalkeeper has had much to do in Fairness. Two more mistakes have cost fiorentina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

FIORENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy God, its now 3-2 Fiorentina. Coming from 2-0 Down and now Winning 3-2. Joaquin scores to make it 3-2. Increditable. What a turn over in Florence. Three goals in 13 minutes from them.

My God this is unreal. 4-2 Now from Rossi. What a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Just watching it here, unreal. Turned it on at 1-2. Juve are all over the place.

Cheers Montella :D

Rossi is some hero. To come back from what he has and to flourish like he has, speaks volumes about the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

great game, fantastic performance from rossi. great ad for serie a

I REALLY hate this presenter, bringing up Rossi`s time at Newcastle like it even matters. What a muppet he is

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    I REALLY hate this presenter, bringing up Rossi`s time at Newcastle like it even matters. What a muppet he is

Is it the presenter on BT Sports?

Seems to not have a clue about Serie A.

Is it the presenter on BT Sports?

Seems to not have a clue about Serie A.

What a difference a James Richardson makes

j56Zw0z.gif

Della Valle seemed rather excited.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    j56Zw0z.gif

In a weird way it looks like he is getting head by someone wearing a fiorentina cap backwards.

That's his daughter :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    j56Zw0z.gif

Never knew Morrissey, standing behind him, was a Fiorentina fan.

Another great game this evening Torino 3-3 Inter with Handanovic seeing red after 5 mins, Torino missing the penalty and then going ahead twice and still needing an injury time goal to salvage a draw! Great stuff!

Ah sure that Serie A is ****e lads, never any goals or drama.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Ah sure that Serie A is ****e lads, never any goals or drama.

:rolleyes:

Caught the end of Torino - Inter too; some match considering the red was after 5 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Most interesting (if not entertaining) league going at the minute I'd say

Milan are on a slip, Roma are just un-fucking-real, Napoli are still going strong without Cavani.
    And by jesus them two games at the weekend were just amazing.

Advertisement