Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Season 2013 - 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Maybe not considering much they're still paying the likes of Robinho.

They did spend 11 million on Matri too, which could have been far better spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Poor Allegri :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Not a thing wrong with Poli. He's still young and can develop. The defence is a shambles, the keeper is poor and team spirit/morale is at zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah Poli is the least of Milan's problems. He's a good young talent. Confidence is at rock bottom and nothing is going right for Milan. Dark days for a great club.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm not saying Poli is a problem as such, just that there was more pressing needs that needed addressing.

I'm not saying Poli is a problem as such, just that there was more pressing needs that needed addressing.

(*Cough) the defense :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Milan still have a long way to go in this "rebuilding" project. Matri and Poli certainly aren't the way to do it.

:confused:
    We started?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

The table is pretty enjoyable at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Roma have fallen apart without Totti.

• Advertisement

Roma have fallen apart without Totti.

Yup, completely toothless really.

Remarkable they are so reliant on him still at his age.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yup, completely toothless really.

Remarkable they are so reliant on him still at his age.

Said it earlier in the season but they do miss a quality striker even with Totti. Ljajic was so poor tonite, Destro is still getting fit and Borriello is fortunate to still be there.

Arturo Vidal renewed his contract with Juve until 2017. Best player in the league IMO already for the last couple seasons, and is still improving...

snowblind wrote: »
    Arturo Vidal renewed his contract with Juve until 2017. Best player in the league IMO already for the last couple seasons, and is still improving...

Yeah he's a beast. Arguably the best all around midfielder in the world for my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yeah he's a beast. Arguably the best all around midfielder in the world for my money.

Yeah, between him Pogba, Maschisio and Pirlo for best MF currently. Actually, it is an astonishing collection Juventus have, you know, for a mediocre club in a crap league :rolleyes:

mitosis wrote: »
    Yeah, between him Pogba, Maschisio and Pirlo for best MF currently. Actually, it is an astonishing collection Juventus have, you know, for a mediocre club in a crap league :rolleyes:
    ;)
    Have to Applaud Vidal for his attitude, he would become a Europe wide household name almost instantly in the PL / Spain & have a shot at Ballon d'Or. In Juve the former ain't gonna happen because the league is underranked and for the latter I think Juve would need to win CL.

• Advertisement

Fantastic player

Gennaro Gattuso demanded “more respect” for Adriano Galliani and slammed new Milan chief Barbara Berlusconi. “I can’t see women in football.”
    http://football-italia.net/42456/gattuso-no-women-football

What a tosser.

edit: IMHO ;)

Not saying I agree with him but that quote was said with a target that is clearly squarely aimed at Barbara Berlusconi who has been quite busy of late.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not saying I agree with him but that quote was said with a target that is clearly squarely aimed at Barbara Berlusconi who has been quite busy of late.
    Yes, it is logical to frame all females into a picture where you only really mean one person....logical, when you have graduated from the Silvio Berlusconi School Of Thinking :rolleyes:

Yes, it is logical to frame all females into a picture where you only really mean one person....logical, when you have graduated from the Silvio Berlusconi School Of Thinking :rolleyes:

Well he said I can't see women in football when asked about her so I took it as that, rather than the headline. He hasn't been flattering to Silvio either saying he wouldn't let him run a kids team now.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Well he said I can't see women in football when asked about her so I took it as that, rather than the headline. He hasn't been flattering to Silvio either saying he wouldn't let him run a kids team now.
    So he could have said that about her. "Women should not be involved with football" is a statement that doesn't change meaning depending on context...unless it's followed by "sike!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Roma 2-1 up with minutes to go. Gervinho has been excellent rather surprisingly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Roma 2-1 up with minutes to go. Gervinho has been excellent rather surprisingly!

Has been all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

There's a good player in Gervinho and without wanting to be condescending I think he flourishes at a club like Roma. You can say I'm full of self importance by saying this but Arsenal was too big a club for him and he crumbled under the pressure. Very much a confidence player.

cson wrote: »
    There's a good player in Gervinho and without wanting to be condescending I think he flourishes at a club like Roma. You can say I'm full of self importance by saying this but Arsenal was too big a club for him and he crumbled under the pressure. Very much a confidence player.

There was no faith put in him at Arsenal. He was good before they signed him, he was good with the Ivory Coast while he was with Arsenal, he's good now with Roma but he was woeful in England.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

cson wrote: »

That's nonsense.

There would be as much, if not more, pressure on players at Roma than Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Honda has joined AC Milan, confirmed by Galliani. Joining in January.

1-0 Napoli vs Inter. Higuain with a great finish.

Deserved equaliser for Inter. Cambiasso.

Guarin playing out of his skin for Inter.

2-1 Napoli, Mertens with a great finish.

Smashing game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Nice strike from Martens there to make it 2-1.

unreal game

3-1, Dzemali. Harsh on Inter but Napoli have been ruthless infront of goal.

Brilliant 45 minutes.

I was going to Blame Handa for the 3rd but after watching the replay I think I was being a little harsh on him, defense should have done better though.

This is a ridiculously good game.

Guarin taking on Napoli by himself here.

3-2 at HT, mad stuff but these two defenses are so creaky I can see a 5-4

Excellent control there from Guarin to take that ball.

Once again a ref destroys a good game, they are poison

Headshot wrote: »
    Once again a ref destroys a good game, they are poison
    In fairness to the ref his hand moved towards the ball, not saying he deserved the yellow but the ref has to make a decision without replays and I can see how it looked deliberate.

• Advertisement

Here comes Icardi who is saving his energy for Wanda

And that's game.

Lazio v Inter kicks off in a few minutes, line-ups are:

Lazio: Berisha; Konko, Biava, Dias, Radu; Candreva, Gonzalez, Ledesma, Hernanes, Lulic; Klose
    Bench: Guerrieri, Strakosha, Ciani, Biglia, Felipe Anderson, Ederson, Keita, Onazi, Cana, Cavanda, Novaretti, Floccari

Inter: Handanovic; Ranocchia, Rolando, Juan; Jonathan, Kuzmanovic, Cambiasso, Alvarez, Nagatomo; Guarin; Palacio
    Bench: Carrizo, Castellazzi, Zanetti, Andreolli, Belfodil, Icardi, Kovacic, Mudingayi, Wallace, Milito, Samuel, Pereira

I'd prefer for Kovacic to start instead of Kuzmanovic, have a feeling that Lazio will get a result today.

Think it'll be a low-scoring draw myself

With this defence and Handanovic's recent form I'm expecting Inter to concede a couple anyway.

Fair point, I think they'd take a draw and the onus is on Lazio to push on for the win if it's still tight in the second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It doesn't matter, league is over, Juventus are champions :p

Maybe they'll put some effort in and actually try in the Europa now then, Italian teams really need to put some effort into it and try to increase the coefficient.

Klose makes it 1-0, good finish but defending could have been better.

A game of few chances and Inter will be kicking themselves at how they gave that goal away

Yeah it was quite a poor game, I think the result was fair though because Lazio had a couple of chances whereas Inter never really looked like scoring at all. It will be interesting to see what happens if Inter don't improve before the end of the season, if Strama was still there the fans would be calling for his head by now but Mazzari seems to have a lot less pressure on him, will Tohir want to bring in someone he chooses rather than someone Moratti chose? I also think Inter need to do a bit of business in January, first of which would be to sell Guarin as he is one of the players who could get a decent amount for and I don't think he would be big loss either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement