Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Season 2013 - 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a game. Balo to get sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jaysus Milan are comical at this stage. Sad to see in a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It is sad to see how the mighty have fallen

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Well at least there's some progress for Milan here, mainly Allegri getting the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Great ending to Udinese - Lazio there.

Lazio down to 10 and 2-1 to Udinese, Udinese goalie punches the ball against his own defender and it goes in, Lazio score the 2-3 in the 91st minute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Matri scores more goals in 45 mins with Fiorentina than he did in his half-season at Milan :pac:

I always liked Matri. He just didn't suit Juve tactics that well, and playing under 2013-14 Milan (at least under Allegri's reign, we'll see how things improve) is like asking to be devalued as a striker. Lovely guy, hope he keeps this up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Typical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The Coppa Italia games are on Sky Sports next week. Shocked me when I seen it in the TV listings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Roma beat juve one nil, gervinho scored. Juve out of the cl and coppa italia already, be interesting to see if they take the europa seriously. Happy for roma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Watching the Roma v Juventus game just reminded me how much I love De Rossi. Bloody brilliant player.

If Lazio beat Napoli (small chance, but whatever) there will be 3 derbies in a row.

Jack Sparrow follows the footsteps of Borriello, Anelka & Bendtner as a traditional comedy striker signing for Juventus.

snowblind wrote: »
    Jack Sparrow follows the footsteps of Borriello, Anelka & Bendtner as a traditional comedy striker signing for Juventus.

This time he wore a bowler hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Line-ups for the Derby d’Italia are:

Juventus: Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah; Tevez, Llorente

Inter: Handanovic; Campagnaro, Rolando, Juan Jesus; Jonathan, Kuzmanovic, Kovacic, Taider, Nagatomo; Alvarez; Palacio

Can't see anything but an easy win for Juve, hopefully Inter will at least make it difficult for them though.

1-0 Juve, poor defending from Inter but a good header from Lichtsteiner.

Very good cross and header it has to be said

Chiellini makes it 2-0 Juve, Inter really are poor and I have to wonder how much longer Mazzarri will get if it doesn't improve.

EDIT: And Vidal makes it 3-0.

• Advertisement

Dreadful Inter side in fairness. On paper it's the worst Inter side I can recall in some time.

You can't polish a turd.

It doesn't help that he is playing a system(3 at the back) that does not suit the squad he has.

Rolando makes it 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Juve's league form isn't bad:
    L W W W W W W W W W W W W D W

Mazzarri was a pretty bad fit for Inter from the outset already. Not just the tactical incompatibility, but his tendency to claim to be powerless over the result is baffling. He fails, but fails to recognize that he could do better. It's really strange to me to be upfront about it, but at least he is honest. He had some good times in Napoli but the squad fit his style more, and now he cannot adjust but rather makes some vague comments about his team only being able to play in a very particular air humidity (an exaggeration for the sake of an argument but anyways).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Napoli - Roma tomorrow in the Coppa. Realistically it's the last hope for silverware for both teams.

Still a big chance it's not gonna be played, Rome is still under a state of emergency due to the weather I believe.

Even the derby may be in jeopardy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

really like the cut of Muriels jib. He scored this goal last night. its not spectacular. but worth a watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7Ljn57sDo
    i have heard of the comparison to Ronaldo (the original), and that goal really had allot of similarities with his style. Little backlift, nice balance, the strike and the dip on the ball.
    Definitely 1 2 watch at the WCup.

Outstanding game tonight. Strootman scored a proper screamer. Some signing and some player.

Napoli with 2 away goals have to be feeling good though.

Fiorentina into the cup final. Cuadrado with an absolute "worldie".

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Advertisement

I bought tickets to Roma vs Juventus and will get Juventus vs Atalanta too when they come on sale. They're the 2nd and 3rd to last rounds this season, so I'm starting to hope Juventus drop some points soon so the scudetto race would still be on....

Any tips from anyone who has been to football matches in Italy? First time in the country for me.

I bought tickets to Roma vs Juventus and will get Juventus vs Atalanta too when they come on sale. They're the 2nd and 3rd to last rounds this season, so I'm starting to hope Juventus drop some points soon so the scudetto race would still be on....

Any tips from anyone who has been to football matches in Italy? First time in the country for me.

Hoping to be there for them lifting the trophy? :P

Good time to go, don't have any experience over there myself yet but from what I've read it's not too difficult to get sorted. I'd avoid touts if I was you. Not sure what the story is with openly wearing jerseys and that but I can't imagine it'd be a problem.

Hoping to be there for them lifting the trophy? :P

Good time to go, don't have any experience over there myself yet but from what I've read it's not too difficult to get sorted. I'd avoid touts if I was you. Not sure what the story is with openly wearing jerseys and that but I can't imagine it'd be a problem.
    Ticket sorted already from listicket.com, and I should be able to sort out one using the same website for the Juve - Atalanta the week before.

I never got into buying jerseys or feel like I need to show my colours, so that will not be an issue.

I do hope to be there for them lifting the trophy! But I did not book the trip for that purpose...if I had done that, I think a better bet would have been earlier :P But we'll see, would be great to catch them under some pressure to perform well at least...

Ticket sorted already from listicket.com, and I should be able to sort out one using the same website for the Juve - Atalanta the week before.

I never got into buying jerseys or feel like I need to show my colours, so that will not be an issue.

I do hope to be there for them lifting the trophy! But I did not book the trip for that purpose...if I had done that, I think a better bet would have been earlier :P But we'll see, would be great to catch them under some pressure to perform well at least...

Ya should be sorted then so. A bit of research on the easiest way to get to the stadium and that before ya fly over would probably be of benefit but that's all I can think of! Yeah it'd be nice to see them lift it alright! With the way the team is playing this season at home, I can't see the foot being taken off the pedal regardless of the situation tbh! :)

Ya should be sorted then so. A bit of research on the easiest way to get to the stadium and that before ya fly over would probably be of benefit but that's all I can think of! Yeah it'd be nice to see them lift it alright! With the way the team is playing this season at home, I can't see the foot being taken off the pedal regardless of the situation tbh! :)
    Yep, I'm almost obsessive about planning so I'm already on it.

Conte will always say that they will go 100% for every match, but it's never gonna be so if the title is in the bag. We saw that at the end of last season too. Can't blame them, picking up an injury in a match with no real importance would be pretty dumb for example. Just have to hope Roma keeps up and doesn't drop many points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Remember to bring id (I think its your passport they want) to the match. They might not let you in otherwise. Enjoy.

Milan vs Juve tonite after Roma slipped up in that dire draw last nite with Inter.
    Vidal is suspended & Balotelli is still out with a shoulder injury picked up vs Atletico. I make that 4 games he has missed vs Juve(1 Cup and 3 League) through suspension or injury.

Milan seem mad up for this game, could be a cracker

Very good game at the san siro here

Unbelievable yet you could see it coming, juve score just before the break after being played off the pitch for the first half. Milan have spurned a huge amount of chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sucker punch by Juventus there. Llorente goal on the stroke of half time after AC dominated the half.

Excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Milan just lacking the bit of quality up front to take advantage of the chances they created. It shows how valuable shevchenko and inzaghi were for all those years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Brilliant 45 minutes of football.

This game could go on for 90 months and Poli would never score.

That explosion frightened the ****e out of me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

What A strike Tevez :O

Tevez with a dinger. They will be champions and rightly so.

Is that true what the commentator just said there, that Tevez won't be in Argentina's squad for the World Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »
    Is that true what the commentator just said there, that Tevez won't be in Argentina's squad for the World Cup?
    Yeah he doesn't get in. They're pretty well stocked in Messi, Aguero and Higuain (with plenty of decent cover) to not have to deal with such a character anyway. I'd do the same if I was Argentina manager.

• Advertisement

Some game, Llorente goal was a bitter pill to swallow. Very happy with the Milan performance. Looked like they could take Juve on head to head and beat them. Lacked that clinical touch taht Balotelli would have provided but Vidal and Chiellini were big losses on the other side.

Another Scudetto for Juve and it was never going to be any other way.

Advertisement