Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Season 2013 - 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Some fairly dubious calls for juve penos there but cracking half all the same. Lichtsteiner was hilarious for romas peno, full on rugby tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Very entertaining game in Naples. Napoli went one down early to a brilliant finish and have laid siege since. Just got their noses justly on front there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Francesco Totti was furious after Roma lost 3-2 to Juventus, noting “by hook or by crook they always win.”

There were three penalties in this game and two red cards, but both Bianconeri spot-kicks were right on the line.

“It’s a huge shame after a good performance,” Totti told Sky Sport Italia.

“We came to Turin to play our game, but you saw what happened and that affected the match.

“For years the same old incidents keep happening. I don’t know if we were beaten by referees, but we certainly were not beaten by Juventus tonight.

“Yes, we are angry, but also aware we are a great team and must lift our heads straight away.

“This was a match we really cared about, but Juventus ought to have their own League, as by hook or by crook they always win.

“Are we back to the same doubts? I am not the only one saying this, as these are things everyone in Italy should discuss.

“With Juventus when there is any doubt whatsoever, it’s always a penalty. I have to stop now, as if I keep talking then I’ll get suspended.”

Not the most objective obviously but it looked incredibly dodgy to me what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

How is bad refereeing 'dodgy'?

- Non-penalty on Marchisio. Totti didn't mention this. How weird.

- First penalty, impossible for the ref to see if it happened inside the box. He already gave the yellow (and all the players know that this will follow in a wall when a lifted arm hits the ball) and was instructed by the linesmen that it was inside. Result? Penalty. Dubious, but dodgy?

- Second penalty, looked like a rugby tackle but both guys were holding each other. Would not be called 95% of the time. Should it be? I'm not sure.

- Third penalty, looked like the tackled was in the box but the tackle originated from outside the box. Difficult to say. Dodgy? How?

- Third Juve goal. I see some have claimed Vidal was affecting the game and therefore this should have been offside. I don't think I have ever seen a match where this wouldn't have stood. Dodgy?

- Totti's carte blanche on late tackles on Pirlo? Interestingly not mentioned by him, again.

- Morata red card. What was up with that? Perhaps it was a dodgy call and the freemasons had something to do with it.

Or maybe the ref was just ****e. As he is known to be. He has a history.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate.

Totti isn't the most objective opinion.

The ref might have a history, but so do Juve.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'm simply playing devil's advocate.

Totti isn't the most objective opinion.

The ref might have a history, but so do Juve.
    Juve are the only team in the league who have been cleared and cleaned up. Other teams like the Milan teams were found to be guilty too, but were covered by the statute of limitations.

Juventus also were 7th for two consecutive seasons just there. No one complained about them cheating then. If Juve wins and ref sucks, it's suddenly happening again? Eh. It just fits the narrative of someone who cannot believe they can lose. It's football. You can lose.

I mean, yeah you're playing devils advocate but "Juve have a history" is a pretty tired comment on the matter that blatantly ignores what has been going on since Calciopoli.

It's just a sad show of the lack of class from Totti, and Garcia too. Conspiracy theory stuff with no basis in facts. Really thought they would be better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Italy :pac:

http://www.lastampa.it/2014/10/06/italia/politica/juveroma-finisce-in-parlamento-EjLMCH0w0GbayZqi9wIdQP/pagina.html

Basically Italian MP Marco Miccoli will pose parliamentary questions to Economy and Finances Minister Pier Carlo Padoan about the refereeing errors during Juve - Roma because they affect the share price of two publicly traded companies and undermine the credibility of the country.

snowblind wrote: »
    Juve are the only team in the league who have been cleared and cleaned up. Other teams like the Milan teams were found to be guilty too, but were covered by the statute of limitations.

Juventus also were 7th for two consecutive seasons just there. No one complained about them cheating then. If Juve wins and ref sucks, it's suddenly happening again? Eh. It just fits the narrative of someone who cannot believe they can lose. It's football. You can lose.

I mean, yeah you're playing devils advocate but "Juve have a history" is a pretty tired comment on the matter that blatantly ignores what has been going on since Calciopoli.

It's just a sad show of the lack of class from Totti, and Garcia too. Conspiracy theory stuff with no basis in facts. Really thought they would be better than that!

I'm well aware of the recent history.

I'm simply saying regardless of whats happened since, Juventus have that image, either rightly, or wrongly. It is what it is.

It's human nature to be suspicious and say things in the heat of the moment.

Do I think there were dark arts on show yesterday? I seriously doubt it. But I think it's natural that it comes into your mind.

It's unfortunate because it was a really enjoyable game. As was Fiorentina steam rollering Inter. Goes from bad to worse for Inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Mazzarri sacked. Mancini favorite to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

So Inter reappoint a manager they have already decided wasn't good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Mazzarri sacked. Mancini favorite to replace him.

Why not bring in Luciano Spaletti?

Mancini is no better than Mazzarri.

Spalletti is worse than either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

So Inter reappoint a manager they have already decided wasn't good enough.

In fairness when he was sacked Inter were champions and it was to do with his CL performance that he wasn't good enough, and the fact that he had said he was leaving after going out to Liverpool that year meant he had to go. He is being brought back to get Inter back into the CL so it is very different expectations than it was then, and he is better suited to Inter than Mazzarri who never should have been given the job.

Serious game there between juve and torino, pirlo wins it with an absolute pinger with the last kick of the game, juve had 10 men for 20 or so minutes. 25 home wins in a row.

Juve's home record in all competitions since the start of last season: WWDWWWDWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWWWWDWWWWWWWWW

I was at the Derby Della Mole. My experience got boosted immeasurably due to the Pirlo goal! Torino contained Juve well, and the Peres goal was the only major thing to bring home with me at that point....

Juves 25 home winning streak in the league came to an end today, drew 1-1 with sampdoria. Hell of a run that was, roma have a chance to close the gap now.

Three draws in a row for Juve. It's practically a crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Milan thinking of selling El Sharawaay

http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=www.football-italia.net#article/footballitalia-60286&menu=news-all

No surprises there. I always new they would do this after the sold Ibra and T. Silva.

• Advertisement

Lazio 0-2 up against Inter, Anderson twice.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Lazio 0-2 up against Inter, Anderson twice.

Ended up 2-2, kovacic scored a great volley and palacio scored his first goal in ages. The fight for 3rd spot this season looks like it will be close this season, wonder can genoa and samp maintain their form and be in the mix for a cl spot?

wow, galliani had truly lost the plot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Here's the tweet:

B9US0UzCAAMmZNk.png:large

The tweet asks if the lines are parallel...

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Here's the tweet:

B9US0UzCAAMmZNk.png:large

The tweet asks if the lines are parallel...
    Galliani says that those images are provided by Juventus. The networks themselves basically said "lol no they aren't". One of them, Mediaset, is owned by Berlusconi. Laughable.

So yes, some network provided that image, not Juventus. That is the end of for Galliani's claims. If we move beyond that - the image would be falsified if the lines actually were parallel. Hint: perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Galliani says that those images are provided by Juventus. The networks themselves basically said "lol no they aren't". One of them, Mediaset, is owned by Berlusconi. Laughable.

So yes, some network provided that image, not Juventus. That is the end of for Galliani's claims. If we move beyond that - the image would be falsified if the lines actually were parallel. Hint: perspective.

Ok... I was providing context. :rolleyes: I support juventus.

• Advertisement

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Ok... I was providing context. :rolleyes: I support juventus.
    Ah yeah. According to a brief look at Twitter many Milan fans are unhappy with Galliani trying to move the discourse from the shambolic state of Milan towards straw men. I want a strong Milan too, good competition makes the league better. Milan just need to get the fascist daddy to sell the club...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Ah yeah. According to a brief look at Twitter many Milan fans are unhappy with Galliani trying to move the discourse from the shambolic state of Milan towards straw men. I want a strong Milan too, good competition makes the league better. Milan just need to get the fascist daddy to sell the club...

It's embarrassing for him to try and use this to deflect from the current state of affairs at the club. Even if the goal was offside, what difference does it make - the scoreline should have been much higher.

These new stadium plans are the exact same thing, they'll do anything other than admitting the team isn't good enough and Berlusconi and Galliani are to blame.

Acting as though getting 3rd and back into Champions League football is going to solve everything is hilarious as well. The €30-40m in revenue would just be wasted anyway.

The thing is that even when Silvio steps away from Milan, it will be Barbara who takes over.

She wants rid of Galliani.

he Serie A outfit are in severe financial difficulty, leading Rezart Taci to sell the club on to a new owner

Parma have passed into new ownership once more after being sold for €1 on Monday.

The Serie A club were bought by Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci in December, with the relatively unknown 29-year-old Ermir Kodra being installed as president.

Yet they have now been taken over by Giampietro Manenti of Mapi Group, with the full board of new directors set to be unveiled in the coming days amid chaos at the Ennio Tardini.

Only weeks after Taci took over the reins from Tommaso Ghirardi he announced that the club was again on the market, with Kodra confirming that they were speaking with Italo-Slovenian investors regarding a takeover after discovering the entirety of the Ducali’s troubling circumstances.

"We sold the club for €1, which is what we paid for it too," Pietro Doca, an associate of Taci, told ANSA. "The problem is the debts."

The problematic financial situation has led to wages going unpaid, with the club having until February 16 to pay players before they could resign and look for employment elsewhere.

Players’ union chief Damiano Tommasi has admitted great concern for the squad at the latest turn of events, and new owner Manenti has explained that the resolution of these payments is his first priority.

"We have a race against time to be prepared for February 16," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "It will not be easy, but we must try. We have to do it.

"It is our intention to fix the situation as quickly as possible. The first thing we need to do is have a new board of directors formed as quickly as we can."

Parma currently sit at the foot of Serie A with just nine points having already been docked one point for failing to pay the players' wages earlier this season.

Hopefully means they will get back on track, always liked Parma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Good to see all 5 Serie A teams go through to the last 16 in the Europa League. Hopefully one of them will win it now.

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »
    Good to see all 5 Serie A teams go through to the last 16 in the Europa League. Hopefully one of them will win it now.

Nice to see them taking it seriously for a change, should really boost Italy's coefficient as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

kksaints wrote: »

Inter hopefully as my bro is a hardcore fan but very good, Torino wouldn't mind doin well. When is the draw?

Inter hopefully as my bro is a hardcore fan but very good, Torino wouldn't mind doin well. When is the draw?

Draw is on at midday today, hopefully the Italian teams can avoid each other!

Serie A teams in last 16 Draw in the Europa League

Zenit St Petersburg vs Torino
    Wolfsberg vs Inter
    Napoli vs Dinamo Moscow
    Fiorentina vs Roma

One all-Italian tie between Fiorentina and Roma who have already played each other twice with Roma winning 2-0 at home and a 1-1 draw in Florence.

Vey tough draw for Torino against Zenit, cant see them going through. Also a tough draw for Inter, They would want to play at their best to win this. Have a slight advantage in the fact that they are at home in the second leg. Not the worst draw for Napoli although Dinamo won all the group matches and knocked out Anderlecht who are a decent side. I still think Napoli will go through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Salad banging them in for Fiorentina, could be like De Bruyne where he needs a solid run of games for his confidence to show what he can do. Another nice profit for Chelsea in the summer I reckon

Huge match tonight, Roma-Juve. I think if Juve win the title race is over. It'd be a great boost going into the second leg against Dortmund.

Wow...Inzaghi must be finished at Milan.

2-1 up and then in the 94th minute of the game, they bottle it and concede a goal to Verona.

Inter take the lead in the Milan Derby, so so game summing up many games these 2 have competed in. Own goal couldn't have been scored by a nicer fella :rolleyes:. Inter look most highly likely to score again.

Inter take the lead in the Milan Derby, so so game summing up many games these 2 have competed in. Own goal couldn't have been scored by a nicer fella :rolleyes:. Inter look most highly likely to score again.

Goal was disallowed actually. Its 0-0 still.

And that's how it ended.

Really average game in truth, both clubs have fallen so far behind in recent years.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    And that's how it ended.

Really average game in truth, both clubs have fallen so far behind in recent years.

Whoops Ridiculous it was chalked off though.

Carpi win promoted to Serie A!! Amazing! The town is so small all the people will fit in San Siro.

Carpi_FC_1909_logo.png

Really shaky performance by Pirlo last night. The whole team improved as soon as he was taken off and Marchisio moved to the regista position. I really hope he's dropped for the Madrid games but I can't see it happening while Pogba is injured.

With Pirlo, Juve score every 75 minutes and concede every 132 minutes.

Without him, Juve score every 62 minutes and concede every 372 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

I think Pirlo has to go unfortunately. He would be a superb impact sub to bring on when chasing a goal though as the opposition defence will be slower and will give him more time on the ball. He's slowed down considerably in the last 18 months and it shows when fresh legs close him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

40 seconds in to the game and Milan's De Sciglio has given away a penalty and been sent off against Napoli. Higuain misses! Not a good weekend for penalties across Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its sad to see such a huge club like Milan have fallen so much

They really need huge huge investment

Headshot wrote: »

I think it's hilarious tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Headshot wrote: »

They really need huge huge investment

Well a new Thai investor "Mr Bee" has bought 20% of the club and plans to close a deal for the rest over the next few months but apparently Berlesconi is also talking to Chinese investors.

The club have also applied for planning permission for a new stadium. If the new investors have deep pockets and the club can get their own stadium up and running they might be able to complete again.

The club made a loss of €90m last year, still a huge squad with the 3rd highest wage bill in the league even without the investment in transfer fees in recent years they are underachieving.

The new owner coming in will certainly change things up.

Several of the deadwood are out of contract this summer so the wage bill will drop significantly before even selling anybody.

The new stadium will be massive but won't be built for 5 years and plans to expand globally and tap into the Asian market should boost revenue.

Can see Milan climbing back to the top over the next few years.

• Advertisement

Advertisement