Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision in the city

Options
  • 24-08-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Well lads,

Just moved into a place near patricks cathedral. was looking on the xtravision website, and it says the nearest store is in kimmage! is this right? thats mad far...thought there'd be one around nearer than that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Used to be a blockbuster who were taken over by Xtravision on Patrick st / Cork street junction. I'm presuming that's gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Prussia st about 20 min walk from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

thanks for the replies guys! I'll probably be on here asking for a few things while trying to get settled in.

i was up around cork street today and didnt see one so presume its gone?

im far too lazy to go walking there but good to know where it is...still seems a little strange theres not one around here a bit closer..but maybe its just a fact that there aren't that many around here.

again thanks !!!

Laser on Dame St is closer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Extravision used to be on Thomas street and was fairly large. Now turned into a tescos.

LAser probably is your nearest as the one on the junction on cork stree/st pats is now a euro shop or similar

• Advertisement

does laser to game rentals?

was going to get one for a few days, but found dead rising 2 for free on demand...still be good to know for future use though.

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

El Inho wrote: »

was going to get one for a few days, but found dead rising 2 for free on demand...still be good to know for future use though.

thanks.

Laser don't do game rentals (unless they've started recently, but I don't think it would fit with their market).

The two closest to you previously (The corner of Dean St and Patrick's Street and the one on Clanbrassil St) have closed a good while now.

Best bet is to try here although they don't mention Prussia Street as some others have suggested so the map might not be up to date (they also don't mention Baggott Street, and I was sure that one was still around).

Laser don't do game rentals (unless they've started recently, but I don't think it would fit with their market).

The two closest to you previously (The corner of Dean St and Patrick's Street and the one on Clanbrassil St) have closed a good while now.

Best bet is to try here although they don't mention Prussia Street as some others have suggested so the map might not be up to date (they also don't mention Baggott Street, and I was sure that one was still around).

yeah it was looking at the store locator that made me decide i wasnt going anywhere to get one :P

ah no ill just potter away with what i can get on demand i think

thanks for the replies though guys.

Prussia street is still there for definite. Have some very very good deals for buying dvds ie 2-5euro etc

El Inho wrote: »

thanks.

Free on demand where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

You could always try the library ?

Hootanany wrote: »
    Free on demand where?

Xbox live gold members get it free plus another game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Hootanany wrote: »
    Prussia st about 20 min walk from you.
    Prussia St. is shutting down in the next few weeks. Their 'everything must go' signs were up on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kylith wrote: »
    Prussia St. is shutting down in the next few weeks. Their 'everything must go' signs were up on Friday.

Blanchardstown have been that way for about two months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kylith wrote: »
    January wrote: »
    Blanchardstown have been that way for about two months now.

That's because all the "closing down" stores are being evaluated consistently by the new owners.

Ashleaf is probably the handiest, get the 150 bus from around the corner drops you right at it. Thomas St is gone a few years now (Tesco offered serious money for it).

walked past the one on Prussia street -80% sale on all items, 4 days left

Advertisement