Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I to pay Development Levy on house that I wish to sell

Options
  • 24-08-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hello,

I bought a house a few years ago that I will be selling soon. It transpires that the developer did not pay the local county council the development levy for the estate of around €130000. My solicitor thinks I will have to pay the council roughly €2700 1/48 ( 48 houses in total estate). Surely the Developer is liable for this payment and it was the council responsibilty to get this money and not the house owner. I thought Phil Hogan( (bill$hitr) said a few months back said this in relation Wicklow county council. Just wondering has anyone come across this situation and is there any way of avoiding this payment. Bad enough selling a property at a loss, but having a potential extra liability with this levy is a bit hard to take.

Advertisement