Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arg v SA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

.ak wrote: »
    Luke Wilson.

I've already given this a bit of thought...

*hides script*

Or Bret McKenzie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Or Bret McKenzie.

They say car, and we say car :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

You're pretty harsh on your team there, Emperor. But I agree throwing away gift 3 points - especially when Morne is your kicker - is foolhardy.

I am afraid this team needs to kick on now. Meyer has a **** load of talent from 1-8.

Pienaar should never be starting as with Basson and lets face it, his tactics of consistently leaving Bryan Habana out on the wing to work on his tan is outrageous.

I must also state that the backrow has been completely outplayed especially Francois Louw has not made one turnover and consdering that Brussow has been left out he really needs to up it now!.

De Villers for me is not a captain, he is not a world cup captain which this team should be aiming for!

I am afraid this team needs to kick on now. Meyer has a **** load of talent from 1-8.

Pienaar should never be starting as with Basson and lets face it, his tactics of consistently leaving Bryan Habana out on the wing to work on his tan is outrageous.

I must also state that the backrow has been completely outplayed especially Francois Louw has not made one turnover and consdering that Brussow has been left out he really needs to up it now!.

De Villers for me is not a captain, he is not a world cup captain which this team should be aiming for!

You do look a little more keen to play expansively this year, though. It's a work in progress, but I have no doubt you'll give NZ a very good run, especially at home.

You do look a little more keen to play expansively this year, though. It's a work in progress, but I have no doubt you'll give NZ a very good run, especially at home.

I am actually Irish but I just love South Africa rugby the potential in this squad to do great things.

The one huge advantage the Boks have is that bench. Kolisi, Van Der Merve and Bismark especially!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Very poor discipline from Argies so far.

Looks like a potential gouge here as well.

Duane Vermeulen is bordering on being a tryhard Bakkies Botha. Let it go Duane, it'll cost you at some point.

Looked more like lazy rucking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It would be hilarious if Walsh said amigo when talking to the argies.

matthew8 wrote: »
    It would be hilarious if Walsh said amigo when talking to the argies.

Amigo, mate.

South Africa playing the ball wide without earning the right...stupid stuff from De Villers passing the ball to Habana with a man on top of him. Again I stress of leadership in key situations!

Beaut of a kick after a clean steal.

Penalties are cruelling Argentina.

Penalties are cruelling Argentina.

Boks can't take advantage, badly need the bench now!

• Advertisement

Argies really killing themselves. They only have a chance here if they execute the things in their control and stop being so wasteful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I've had to step out, so could someone do me a massive favor and post scores as they come. Thanks!

Pienaar just really is the pits!!!!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I've had to step out, so could someone do me a massive favor and post scores as they come. Thanks!

Arg-17 SA-16

Finally Van Der Merve is on...Kruger a lightweight proved once again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Another "Ohhh sh!t" from Walsh :P

What do people think of the new scrum call. I reckon it's great, already more of a contest.

Steve Walsh: "Ooooh ****!"

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

Argies showing some great hands

Hrmmm. Is TMO going to far now with these new rules? I think players seem to think the can ask to look at anything, when they want.

JDV is right tho in asking.

I gotta admit that the argies are far more smarter and superior come ruck time.

South Africa are clueless!!! Jean De Villers finally showing some leadership.....If Botha was there he would have ****ing butted one of the argies and if Schalk Burger was there he would have stamped on some argies which is badly needed for the Boks at this stage.

They are playing a clean game against a opposition that only no a rough and tough way to play.

What was that last penalty for? Looked like he was giving it for in at the side or sonething... but he was the tackler?

South Africa are notorious rough and tough team have no bite!!!....no bite what so ever. They are almost passive!

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Still 17-16 to Arg, 15 mins to play. Arg missed long distance penalty.

South Africa are notorious rough and tough team have no bite!!!....no bite what so ever. They are almost passive!

Think they're bossing them defensively imo.

Maybe bite wasn't the best choice of words also? :D

Citing commissioner will have a busy day after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Taking into consideration my very limited understanding of the game, why is Argentina always trying to go through the middle when handling the ball and not trying to play wide?

gzoladz wrote: »
    Taking into consideration my very limited understanding of the game, why is Argentina always trying to go through the middle when handling the ball and not trying to play wide?

To use a tired cliche, you have to earn the right to go wide.

Think they're bossing them defensively imo.

Maybe bite wasn't the best choice of words also? :D

Citing commissioner will have a busy day after this.

Pienaar is just ****ing awful!!!! I am sorry he is just as bad a scrum half display as I have seen in a long time. He is just clueless, what is Meyer doing???:confused::confused::confused:

Pienaar is just ****ing awful!!!! I am sorry he is just as bad a scrum half display as I have seen in a long time. He is just clueless, what is Meyer doing???:confused::confused::confused:

I'm guessing you don't live in the North of the Island of Ireland :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

much left?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

10 minutes, SA with a shot a goal now

Edit: steyne with the penalty 17-19 to SA

17-19 SA in front.

keith16 wrote: »
    much left?

8 min.

Arg 17 - 19 SA after Steyne pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You may as well award NZ the title now if the Argies win this. I'm torn in terms of who I want to win this!

• Advertisement

He works okay for the game they play.

In terms of South Africa he is complete handicap and the difference was shown last week.

You may as well award NZ the title now if the Argies win this. I'm torn in terms of who I want to win this!

Argies with their biting and gouging are tough to like.

I agree with Bobby Skinstad, which is unusual, but the Argentinian 6 has been great.

Haha argies doing everything they can to keep the ball away from the 2 gap

Australia should be worried by this Argentinian display.

What ever the result, was a crap performance by every member of the Boks and learned very little from last year against an inferior team this year!

• Advertisement

Argies just signed their own death warrant there. Silly.

Stupid by De Villers!!...complete nut job!

And that must be the game. Discipline has cost Argentina this game, but they can hold their heads high. Edit: they are not taking the penalty :(

WTF? Why did he go to the corner??

WTF? Why did he go to the corner??

You know, the 2 try bonus point...

• Advertisement
Advertisement