Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salary expectations

• 24-08-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

i can not find a forum website that is equivalent to boards.ie for the UK. ridiculous that there is not one!!

anyway, i have an interview in bristol for a position as a junior architectural technologist. i have just recently graduated from cardiff but i am irish and am hoping to move back over to the UK as i moved home when i completed my studies. i fear the dreaded question of what my salary expectations are as i dont wanna say too much that i will not get the job, or too little that i will be slave labour. i have no in office experience but i have many years construction experience and got a high grade in my degree.

any idea of what my salary would be? junior technologists salary range from 15,000 to 23,000 pound with the median around 21,000. that range covers people with 0-3 yrs exp.

u could do a HND (lower qualification), be young enough (say 19 or 20), live at home and become a junior tech, which i would consider the low point of that range to suit someone in that category, but as i am 30 with a lot of construction exp, a high grade degree, and will have living expenses would i be able to expect somewhere in the region of 20,000-21,000 pound or even more?

any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Check here to see what you'll be bringing home net pay. http://www.listentotaxman.com/

I'm currently in bristol and rent/cost of living isn't that bad. £350-£400 a month would get you somewhere nice in a good part of the city.

check gumtree and spareroom to give you an idea of rates around the city. Bristol and the south west is a great place. pm me if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jimbobtravis

Is that 350-400 for your own place. I wouldn't want to be sharing. I lived in Cardiff during college and i have been through Bristol a few times and i am aware of it being a nice place. Just wondering what to say for salary expectations as different parts of the country are different.

Advertisement