Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get driver for old Lexmark?

Options
  • 24-08-2013 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

I have an old printer. It's a Lexmark X1180. Now I haven't used it in yonks as there was a problem with it printing but I did use it last solely for its scanning function which was working fine. Last time I used it was on an old desktop PC. I want to use it with my laptop but I can't seem to find the driver for it. I've tried support.lexmark.com but didn't see it mentioned there.
    (I'm not hugely techhie-minded, so maybe I'm missing it!) :o
    I've an Acer laptop with windows 7 on it.
    Any ideas or is it for the scrap? As I said, I don't need it for the printing but the scanning facility I found very handy for photos, artwork etc.
    Any advice appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

twirlagig wrote: »
    I have an old printer. It's a Lexmark X1180. Now I haven't used it in yonks as there was a problem with it printing but I did use it last solely for its scanning function which was working fine. Last time I used it was on an old desktop PC. I want to use it with my laptop but I can't seem to find the driver for it. I've tried support.lexmark.com but didn't see it mentioned there.
    (I'm not hugely techhie-minded, so maybe I'm missing it!) :o
    I've an Acer laptop with windows 7 on it.
    Any ideas or is it for the scrap? As I said, I don't need it for the printing but the scanning facility I found very handy for photos, artwork etc.
    Any advice appreciated, thanks :)

Try the Lexmark.com site, under support section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

paconnors wrote: »
    Try the Lexmark.com site, under support section

I'm on that right now and have the X1180 selected. I have clicked on Windows as the operating system, but just below that it says 'Please Select Version' and when I click on that the drop-down menu only has 'Please select Version' listed again. :confused: There's no actual versions listed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

If your unable to locate the drivers, let me know, I have the X1100 Series CD.

I doubt there would be any copyright issues in ripping and uploading the drivers.

The Drivers are for Windows 2000/XP.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    If your unable to locate the drivers, let me know, I have the X1100 Series CD.

I doubt there would be any copyright issues in ripping and uploading the drivers.

The Drivers are for Windows 2000/XP.

I had no success last night, so that would be great, thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

eh i had a quick look and got this page days its got the correct drives for your system
    Lexmark X1180 Driver

also says
    Upgrading to Windows 7?
    Disconnect USB and Uninstall Printer Driver First
    Windows 7 Information
    Use Vista Driver in Windows 7
    Windows 7 and Windows 8 Information
    Details Regarding Lexmark's Support of Windows 7 and Windows 8

Upgrading to Windows 7?
    Disconnect USB and Uninstall Printer Driver First
    Windows 7 Information