Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taste of Donegal 2013

Options
  • 24-08-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

It's on this weekend and tomorrow is the last day. Opens at 11am. I'm going down tomorrow to raid the place.

Anyone been in yet?

http://www.atasteofdonegal.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

We went yesterday, packed, hot, uncomfortable to move around. Hope it doesn't become a victim of its own success. All samples, bought or tasted, were excellent.

Bargain of the year were the floury potatoes on sale inside the entrance, Euro a kilo. Queens, wee balls of flour. Had them last night, boiled in their skins, this is Donegal, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Got back not too long ago. Place was getting well packed too when I was going. Kinnegar Brewing was there and so was the Donegal Brewing Company. Picked up a few beers for later on.
    Got some octopus from Love Olive. Will be tasty in some pasta later. :D
    Cheese Soda bread from one of the bakers - Piece of Cake I think.
    Load of herbs from Ashtree Market, who I think sold Durnish the potatoes.
    Got some lovely black pudding from Kellys of Newport. They were last year too but we told them how good their stuff was. They gave us some free sausages too!

Great way to spend a Sunday morning. I'll just have to spend Monday morning doing some exercise after I stuff myself with all the goodies!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not long back from it ourselves. The crowds were built up well by 2pm when we went.

The announcer on the Tannoy asked for people to go up the left aisle and down the right aisles to keep congestion to a minimum but for the most part, he was ignored.

Lots of great foods on show alright. Impressed with seaweed cheese and curry cheese up near the back, as well as my tasty kangaroo meat skewer :)

It's good to see lots of people about the town. Only downside is the sheer amount of cars needing to park, yet the festival tents use up most/all of one main carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I was there on Friday night. Wonderful atmosphere and food on offer. The highlight was the cookery demonstration by a really drunk Jack Stein. Comedy gold...

Advertisement