Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to apply for a De-facto 457 visa

Options
  • 24-08-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Boys and Girls,

Just need some advice really, I'm applying as de-facto under my Partners 457.
    We have been going out 8 months, and were previously going out for a year way back in 2007. I have a daughter from a previously relationship of whom I have sole guardianship. Her father has approved the move also. Because he is fully employed over, we have not lived together these past 8 months.

We had planned initially that he would come home and we would start our family and life together in Ireland, however as he is a Carpenter it's unlikely he will get a job nor could support the three of us on my wage.

While I cannot apply for a working holiday visa as I am a single parent, would anyone know if my daughter and I can go on a normal holiday visa for 3 months, while we are awaiting a result on the de-facto visa?

Also how does the de-facto visa work when I have a child from a previous relationship?

Also great tips on how to best approach the de-facto application would be really helpful.

We are all excited about living together, and my daughter is mad about him, he has been home and we have been to visit him. But the longer this drags on the harder its getting. We really do miss him and just want to start our family life as one single unit.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,316 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Because he is fully employed over, we have not lived together these past 8 months.

Can you rephrase that?

It sounds like you are saying that your partner is living in Australia the last 8 months. If so, how are you going out 8 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 skmurphy1984

We were originally going out for a year in 2007 and he got back in touch at the end of 2012. He came home at Christmas and we decided regardless of the distance to give things another go. He has always been the great love of my life so it made sense for us to do this.

So we have been in a long distance relationship for the past 8 months, he has been home to see me and my daughter and my daughter and I have been over to see him. To give you an example of how much I love him, I flew to Australia for a week just to see him, because thats all I could get off work. :)

Like I said the plan was always for him to come home and we start our family here in Ireland. But over the course of time we have come to the realisation that as a carpenter he would be looking at full time unemployment here. He's amazing at what he does and his employer has been truly amazing and supportive.

Helpful advice on how best to fill out the visa application would be greatly appreciated.

The form is pretty straight forward. When he is filling it there is a section for partner and dependants. And you need a letter from the emoter saying he is willing to sponsor the 3 of you. That part is easy.

The main issue I can see would be proving that its actually a defacto relationship.

We have a joint bank account as we are saving for a house and we have flights to see each other and pictures, emails, skype's, whatsapp's, wedding invites for both of us, postal receipts of gifts sent to each other. We have statutory declarations from Family and his Boss whom we met when we were there, for the week. We have a letter from a landlord in 2007 stating we lived together and pictures from back then, but trying to get anything else is proving hard as it was so long ago.

Has any one else had a similar issue trying to get information from years ago?

We have a joint bank account as we are saving for a house and we have flights to see each other and pictures, emails, skype's, whatsapp's, wedding invites for both of us, postal receipts of gifts sent to each other. We have statutory declarations from Family and his Boss whom we met when we were there, for the week. We have a letter from a landlord in 2007 stating we lived together and pictures from back then, but trying to get anything else is proving hard as it was so long ago.

The stuff from years ago isn't that relevant. In your situation the joint back account is important. Especially if you are both paying into it regularly.

• Advertisement

The stuff from years ago isn't hugely relevant, any evidence from 2007 will do.
    In your situation the joint back account is important. Especially if you are both paying into it regularly.

Thank you. Would you advise an Irish migration assistant such as the immigration agency in Dublin, a migration assistant in Australia such as Australia here welcome, or submitting the application myself?
    Mellor wrote: »
    The stuff from years ago isn't hugely relevant, any evidence from 2007 will do.
    In your situation the joint back account is important. Especially if you are both paying into it regularly.

Advertisement