Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sylosis

Options
  • 24-08-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

What are peoples opinions on these guys?
    Im huge into them so underrated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Love them, I've seen them twice so far. Once with The Black Dahlia Murder, Cephalic Carnage, and Psycroptic, and the other time with Lamb of God. They have some great songs, and all of their albums are very solid pieces of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SoLongMikey

Yeah I saw them with Lamb of God, I actually only got a ticket to see them, blew me away, Im planning to catch them in the uk soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

also saw them supporting LoG and was impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Been a fan since the first album! One of my favourites out of the UK for ages now. Ridiculous how little they play here and never a headline show. Especially ridiculous seeing as they're constantly up and down the UK. Glad to see they're starting to take off in the US now.

New album is killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SoLongMikey

Yeah even a show in fibbers would be great, a good decent long set too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, since I first saw them I'd been hoping they'd come back here for a show that they are headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I've been big into them since just after Edge Of The Earth was released. Since then I've got their full back catalog. Conclusion Of An Age is a cracker of an album. They're unreal. I haven't seen them live yet, but hoping to get to a gig in the UK sometime this year since they aren't playing here.

http://www.bringthenoiseuk.com/201309/music/news/breaking-news-three-members-of-sylosis-hospitalised-after-rv-crash
    British metallers Sylosis have been forced to drop out of their US tour with Devildriver and Trivium after their RV crash, leaving three members hospitalised.

It is not clear which members were hurt in the accident, the only information has been these tweets from Devildriver frontman Dez Fafara:

“Here’s what I know @Sylosis was in a RV accident last night [Three] are in the hospital still. My thoughts go out to those guys.”

“As we get more info ill pass it on to you all please send positive vibes to @Sylosis band.”

I hope the injured are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

St. Jimmy wrote: »

From that page
    UPDATE

The band have posted this message on facebook and twitter:

“We are all alive and well! We will keep everyone updated as we go!”

Good to read that !!

weisses wrote: »
    From that page

Good to read that !!

They're in massive debt over the rented RV that was crumbled:

1380232_570899466279292_1252127798_n.jpg

...and hospital bills and flights home and costs of the tour they dropped out of.. etc... and are looking for donations to help with the costs. What a terrible blow to an awesome band. Probably the most exciting band metal music has seen in years.

• Advertisement

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    They're in massive debt over the rented RV that was crumbled:...and hospital bills and flights home and costs of the tour they dropped out of.. etc... and are looking for donations to help with the costs. What a terrible blow to an awesome band. Probably the most exciting band metal music has seen in years.

I'm sure insurance will cover a good part of that

But if they want i can try and organize a gig for them at Mc Carthy's here in Dingle.

Will order a Shirt also, every little helps

I'm sure they'd appreciate it ^^^^ :)

Man, what a f*cking song/album.

Conclusion Of An Age is a masterpiece. The original vocalist was class and the riffs on it are just sick.

Sylosis have a new album coming in a few months. Genuinely excited for this.
    With the recent announcement that Bleed From Within’s Ali Richardson had replaced long time tub thumper Rob Callard behind the drum kit for Sylosis, we now have the first news of new Sylosis music!

Sylosis’ eagerly awaited fourth album is to be titled Dormant Heart, and will be landing in CD and Mp3 collections on the 12th of January 2015 through the band’s long time record label Nuclear Blast Records. Having started tracking the album around the same time as their Spring tour with Devildriver and Bleed From Within the band are now looking forward to sharing their hard work with the fans. The album was produced by Sylosis frontman Josh Middleton with the help of expert engineer Scott Atkins and mixed by Acle Kahney, best known as guitarist in UK prog metal favourites TesseracT.

http://www.rocksins.com/2014/10/sylosis-return-details-fourth-album-dormant-heart-released-2015-january-22676/

Advertisement