Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Coach's View of Rugby

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baker59

Nermal wrote: »
    I would like to see an equivalent of HBO's Hard Knocks, though I know they're having trouble getting teams to do it.

Completely agree. Would be a great way to market teams and get even more players as household names; Plus we might see more gems like 'manic agression'.

They wouldn't need as many cameras/mics etc since the squad is about a third of the size. (estimate here) Training camp's 80 vs rugby preseason 30?

Which broadcaster would have the funds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Josh Cribbs was released there yesterday. He was pretty good for a while. Then he was knocked unconscious by this tackle and was never the same since (after he was cut by the Browns, he was picked up by the Raiders): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Ob5bwBiQgc

There are a few things to note here. His release has been swept under the rug. But the truth of it is that a guy with a history of concussion in the NFL has their value massively reduced because of the laws that are being introduced due to concussion, particularly one who plays a role with such a massive potential for head on impact. It was just a shame that they cut their ties with someone this dedicated so quickly.

But all of that is irrelevant really. What I noticed looking at all of this is a perfect example of EXACTLY why I don't want rugby going the way of the NFL.

A touching moment as he was laid out on the field, the player of both teams visibly struck by it, and both teams take a knee either side and (in typical American fashion) say a prayer for him. The perfect opportunity for the commentators to take a break for a message from their sponsors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Also there was that try in the Toulouse/Leinster semi final. If I'm remembering the right game.

You mean the one in the first few minutes when Toulouse chased their penalty and scored a try? Absolutely. We were playing a handicap straight away... Added to that H-Cup drama allright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

But all of that is irrelevant really. What I noticed looking at all of this is a perfect example of EXACTLY why I don't want rugby going the way of the NFL.

just as a matter of interest in what way do you not want rugby going the same way as NFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I actually enjoy American Football and like I see the comparisons with rugby but regards global sports rugby has a huge advantage in that its alot easier to get involved with as you dont have to go out and buy aload of gear just to play it.
    Get yourself a pair off boots head to your local club and within 3 weeks you will be getting gametime at some level.
    American Football just does not have this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

just as a matter of interest in what way do you not want rugby going the same way as NFL

Sorry my post wasn't very clear. It's the bit at the end.
    A touching moment as he was laid out on the field, the player of both teams visibly struck by it, and both teams take a knee either side and (in typical American fashion) say a prayer for him. The perfect opportunity for the commentators to take a break for a message from their sponsors.

Advertisement