Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballroom Dancing....just for old people?

• 25-08-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Not quite sure where to put this...but is ballroom dancing just for old people? im in my thirties and kind of want to learn it and meet people my age in process but if its just for old people defeats purpose!... but im not sure what age group are in to this kind of dance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

All the cool kids are doing the latin dances at the moment. Alot of pubs have classes sometimes free. Also lindyhop is making a come back too. Straight up ball room isn't dead but its not growing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's definitely not just for older people!

However, any classes I've done (Morosini-Whelan school on Parnell Sq) were partner based. I don't think anyone came on their own.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Couple of years ago I was talked into going to 6-weeks of dancing classes with Just Dance. The missus had it in her head it'd be good for wedding. It was 3 different dances with two weeks at each (one class a week). A lot of peoplee came with partners but there were several people there on their own.

Advertisement