Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Trek: Renegades

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SarahBM wrote: »
    Plus did I mention I hated the Starfleet uniforms

Ha, I didn't find them top bad...what I did notice though (unless I need to check again), was that the Admirals rank insignia was the same as Captain (four bars).

I imagine that Nemic and The Archer are just being set up as grudging allies in future shows.

I kinda liked it. The ship CGI was great but some of the green screen and the planets folding would look poor in early fan flicks.

The premise is good, to be fair. Better than Nu Trek. I did like the foreshadowing about the Federation sending a probe 300 years previous. There obviously is a thought out story arc there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Watched it there last night. It wasn't the Trek of my youth, that's for sure. However there were some things that did remind me of that time.
    1. Some of the hand phaser shots were straight from the Battlestar Galactica 1978 blaster sound effect department.
    2. The sound effect of the planet folding was ala Space: 1999.
    3. I wasn't around for this originally :rolleyes:, but did watch the repeats when I was young - The shots of the Icarus landing and departing Syphon really reminded me of the way the ships flew in the likes of Flash Gordon: Space Soldiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Wow, that was just awful with some decent actors being given the cheesiest lines and what seemed to be rehearsal one-takes mashed together into a big brown mess of a feature-length film :/
    What a jumbled mess of a trek.

I just hope that Axanar is better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I watched it, but didn't get around to posting. It wasn't terrible, but something felt missing in it. I'd certainly watch some more. It's a pitty somebody like Netflix can't put together a show.

It looks like they have started another Kickstarter to create episodes 2 and 3. They've even managed to rope in a few DS9 characters into the next two.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145553614/star-trek-renegades-episodes-2-and-3

Only Renegades could be so ridiculous to have Terry Farrell star as "Jadzia", wtf like? Interesting that Beltran is on board with this, I thought he fell out of sorts with Trek & its fans no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Myrddin wrote: »
    Only Renegades could be so ridiculous to have Terry Farrell star as "Jadzia", wtf like? Interesting that Beltran is on board with this, I thought he fell out of sorts with Trek & its fans no?

You're joking! Sure she's dead! Dead Jim!

SarahBM wrote: »
    You're joking! Sure she's dead! Dead Jim!

It's worse than that....her brain is gone! (You'll get it eventually :D)

Advertisement