Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easycap : Video capturing device - Need help!

Options
  • 25-08-2013 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey guys, so I checked multiple things online, searched countless times, used different wording etc..! but nothings been of help!

I brought Easycap about a month ago, but only got around to using it now. The software installed fine, but the device itself isn't showing up in my usb devices.

I've gone to device management in control panel, and I've gone to recording devices at the speaker icon on the desktop....shown disabled devices, nothing there! I cant remember what else I've done, I've taken any advice I could from posts online and tried and failed every time!

Ive only got experience in film and sound production......I can jot up running orders, scripts, shoot the film, edit, edit sound in film, whatever,...but no idea what I'm doing here!

I'm not a gamer, haha I'm a 21 year old girl, with more interest in sega mega then the latest xbox or ps2! so all I know to do is connect phones to pc, sd cards, the usual! used tape video cams in college once, but never learned how to transfer the stuff to the mac's there (tough I'm sure a quick youtube vid would tell me)

I've a 64bit, windows 8 (was not my choice to have that terrible program!). Apart from all I've mentioned, I'm fairly computer retarded, and so I need small words! hey, look, I'm slowly learning! all trial and error til finally pro right? ha!

The furthest I've gotten is a 10 second glimpse of static, which fooled me into thinking it could finally be working,....but I thought I bet the audios not going!....even if it was, sure that glimpse was over in no time, and never appeared again!

I've got an external harddrive, 750GB..... read that maybe having another device in another usb port might be effecting the Easycap, so tried with it plugged in and out. No use of course. Got my male phono leads, in the back of the VCR to the female on the Easycap (male phono bought separately) and of course the lead from VCR to TV. Don't want to use the S-video lead on the Easycap, because its way too short then that I can't reach the laptop without getting on my nerves! I'd rather buy some form of S-v extension lead (but I've already spent enough, so...no...haha)

Alright, so big post, but I'm sure I've included everything anyone might need to know! I'm sure theres gotta be somebody up at this hour! re-watching game of thrones or community or something haha...... if not, I'll check back tomorrow!

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭timmybob13

Praise the LOOOOOOORDDD! *dramatic jazz hands!*

I've figured it out, I think!

Gonna leave this post here to help others with the same problem!
    If you're windows 8 aswell, don't be scared off by easycap with their windows 7 talk...bah! its alright!....
    Go to this place, (type in the usual youtube link and...) /watch?v=HWsQguKfz2I and also watch?v=jDFosWcEpqQ just incase!

Cant believe I didnt think of that before! kickin myself!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daryloconnor

Hi I need help Please i have a USB honestech Capture Device i bought it on Ebay and it is compatible with windows 7 64bit
    the problem i am having is that the honestech video capture wont initialize any video source i also have USB Easy Capture Device and it has the same problem what can i do to fix it need help has any one else had this problem Please help me

Advertisement