Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Vouchers Are GOOD again

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 des.deeney

Got Mine, didn't register post either.......Bit of a PR mess this is turning out to be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Also got mine by email. I sent the card in ordinary post as it wasn't worth much anyway and I wasn't going to throw any more money at a bad situation.

With registered post you can get an electronic signature of whoever signed for the item along with details of the date and time it was delivered. Has anyone who sent the card(s) via registered post and was told it was not received actually challenged HMV with proof it was delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

pow wow wrote: »
    With registered post you can get an electronic of whoever signed for the item along with details of the date and time it was delivered. Has anyone who sent the card(s) via registered post and was told it was not received actually challenged HMV with proof it was delivered?

Sent a letter today containing:
    • The vouchers Proof of Purchase
    • An Post Mail receipt
    • Delivery Bill with a signature of receipt
    • And an An Post confirmation of delivery screenshot from their tracking site

Will post back if I hear anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I got the same rejection email as some of you here a few of days ago. I decided to recheck the numbers I had submitted and I discovered a typo in one of them. On Sunday, I emailed the info@hmv.ie address given, to give them the correct numbers in the hopes that they'd check again. Yesterday, I got a voucher for the full €92 on my cards.
    However, I don't understand why they rejected both of the cards I sent to them, when there was only a typo in one number. I had also sent the original cards to them by registered post so I don't get why they couldn't check them from the physical cards. Something seems wrong there. Luckily, I had taken a photocopy of both of my physical cards so I still had the numbers to hand.

Anyway, I'd suggest to all of you who got rejected to recheck your numbers. It might work for you like it worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Newhand

Sadly my numbers were correct but I have sent off a mail to them with a photo of the actual card anyway and requesting more information.

Doubt I will hear anything back but ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Newhand wrote: »
    Sadly my numbers were correct but I have sent off a mail to them with a photo of the actual card anyway and requesting more information.

Doubt I will hear anything back but ah well.

Don't lose heart, I hadn't anything what you had to back up my claim. I emailed them and asked to double check. Got my voucher in email today...:)

@littleteapot

If it wasn't for your post I wouldn't of emailed them, many thanks....

Mad I didn't give up all hope and was surprised to find them mailing me back. After a number of mails back and forth I now have my voucher code.

I am now unsure how to feel about HMV as a brand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I wonder how many people just gave up after their rejection? It sounds like they were just chancing their arm with a lot of people because they expect so few to follow up on it. I'm really glad I did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Thank you for submitting your gift card details.

Your card submission was:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have successfully submitted and we have received in the post
    card(s) which have come to a total value of
    €xxxx

Please use the following code(s) in any HMV or HMV concession stores only (HMV stores within Xtra-vision stores). Click here for all locations.
    You must use the code below in a single transaction, please note that no change can be given if the code is not used for its full value. Please print to use in store.

This code must be used before the 15th of November 2013

Your HMV Team

That's the accepted email you should get. The link to 'concession' stores threw me at first. Has anyone just jotted down the code and used that? I don't have access to a printer atm and there's nothing special in the email besides the codes ie. there's no barcode.

That's the accepted email you should get. The link to 'concession' stores threw me at first. Has anyone just jotted down the code and used that? I don't have access to a printer atm and there's nothing special in the email besides the codes ie. there's no barcode.

I didn't just right it down but I copied out the text into put it into a more printer friendly manner. That all black background would have been costly.

They accepted it no problem then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement