Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewing Dunkel Hefeweizen

Options
  • 25-08-2013 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭

I mostly drink Dunkel's but the choices locally seem to be very limited.

I've no experience with home brewing and was wondering if someone had some reccomendations for kits/recipie's advice for brewing gear that's specific for brewing dunkel hefeweizen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

You could steep in a muslin bag some Carafa Special 3 malt and add the darkened wort it to your wheat beer kit. You could do an extract beer kit and steep carafa special 3 too to get a dunkel from regualar wheat beer. A kit beer might be the best way to start off as extract brewing requires using large pots and boiling for 60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wilted

Here's one I put on a week ago as an experiment, no idea how it's going to turn out

Coopers Wheat kit
    1kg wheat DME
    500g dark DME

Steep
    200g Cara Sepcial 3
    115g caramel
    200g carapils

Yeast wb06

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

wilted wrote: »
    Here's one I put on a week ago as an experiment, no idea how it's going to turn out

Coopers Wheat kit
    1kg wheat DME
    500g dark DME

Steep
    200g Cara Sepcial 3
    115g caramel
    200g carapils

Yeast wb06

What brewing kit would I need to purchase for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wilted

The Coopers wheat beer kit from hbw or hbc is the one I use. Just make sure to get the safbrew sf-06 yeast as well the yeast that comes with the kit isn't the greatest.

Advertisement