Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap wall mount for a 46" LED tv.

Options
  • 25-08-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to mount my LED tv on the wall and found the price of brackets extremely high,anyone know where I can pick up a cheaper one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have a look on amazon, plenty of sellers have them for under £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Davy wrote: »
    Have a look on amazon, plenty of sellers have them for under £20.

Found one there but the shipping was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

zerks wrote: »
    Found one there but the shipping was unreal.

One option:> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Designer-Habitat-PREMIUM-Wall-Bracket/dp/B003U46SWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377428352&sr=8-1&keywords=tv+wall+bracket

Use the third market seller and ship to parcel motel, or buy from amazon itself on the right hand side and get free delivery on £25 orders

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Davy wrote: »
    One option:> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Designer-Habitat-PREMIUM-Wall-Bracket/dp/B003U46SWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377428352&sr=8-1&keywords=tv+wall+bracket

Use the third market seller and ship to parcel motel, or buy from amazon itself on the right hand side and get free delivery on £25 orders
    Thats great value :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ikea sell TV wall mount brackets...incase anyone needs one asap and is nearby Ikea.

I got a 42 inch TV adjustable wall bracket for 20 euro a few months ago.

Has a built in spirit level too......very handy and good quality too.:)

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »
    Ikea sell TV wall mount brackets...incase anyone needs one asap and is nearby Ikea.

I got a 42 inch TV adjustable wall bracket for 20 euro a few months ago.

Has a built in spirit level too......very handy and good quality too.:)

It wasn't this one?

31b9QYGryhL._SX385_.jpg

Can you stick up a link or the name of it? Have a buddy heading to Ikea this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ELSIE2012

i found a company called bracketworld based in blanchardstown ,there brackets are the cheapest i could find,they offer free deliverly and next day deliverly ,the one i bought was a 109m

zerks wrote: »
    It wasn't this one?

31b9QYGryhL._SX385_.jpg

Can you stick up a link or the name of it? Have a buddy heading to Ikea this week.

Sorry for late reply...only back home from rough-ish boat trip 10 miles out off the Donegal Coast to Tory Island and also to Glenveigh Castle and National Park.:)

Heres the 2 Ikea brackets that I bought.

Got them on sale a few months back,and also got more money off,thanks to Ikea Card.;):)

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/00226792/

only back home from rough-ish boat trip 10 miles out off the Donegal Coast to Tory Island and also to Glenveigh Castle and National Park.:)
    Why didnt you say you were up my way? You could have called for a cuppa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

What sort of mounting are you doing? Flat to wall, brackets are cheap enough, but if you want it to tilt/swivel out on a cantilever then things get a bit more expensive!

I have a 46" LED mounted on one of these that I got from Amazon back in 2010
    (from a different seller, but bracket is the same). Bracket is in corner, swung out so the tv is at an angle. Rather than use the supplied coach bolts and plastic rawl plugs, I upgraded to Rawlbolts as the tv (also 46") I originally had on it was a heavy beast.

Cantilever Bracket

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Why didnt you say you were up my way? You could have called for a cuppa :)

It was a quick 2 day trip up to Donegal and take in some nice sights and sounds withy my missus and daughter.:)

We absolutely loved Tory Island and speak Irish to some of the residents.

We absolutely loved Tory Island and speak Irish to some of the residents.
    its a great spot especially if you dont want anyone to find you ;)

muffler wrote: »
    its a great spot especially if you dont want anyone to find you ;)

10 miles out to sea on a decent swell of a boat crossing is my idea of seclusion and peace and quiet allright.:D

Breathtaking scenery though,and the island residents are so warm and wellcomming.

Only 70 people live on the island full time,the island population trebbles in summertime,and then alot of them move back over to the mainland come wintertime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0081F2Z40/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

^^ i bought that for a 37", solid piece of kit at a ridiculously cheap price. Parcel motel will cut down the shipping significantly.

Has anybody used this crowd? https://www.vivomounts.com/products.asp?cat=10

Advertisement