Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Chelsea match thread.K/o 20.00 26/8/2013 SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

When Mourinho came in the rumour was that he just didn't like Mata as a player and he would be moved on. It was largely dismissed as it didn't seem to have foundation and Mata was universally regarded as brilliant last season.

But it seems to have some truth to it now....

Crazy that de bruyne is on the pitch and mats isint, just madness it's like united benching RVP

On that point I'd drop Oscar back into lamps role Ramirez is there to protect him and stick mats behind Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Shoulda passed to Evra :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Valencia closing his eyes before going for that header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Shoot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

what an anticlimax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I wanted to see a close up of Phil Jones face after that fall...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This is really a question of who wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The goal needs a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's like watching Newcastle V Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jones and Valencia both living up to their stereotypes. Really missing Rafael at right back, Jones is just a lumbering clodfoot out there. And Valencia is every bit as crap as he was last season, how he still starts every game is a joke to me. Is his middle name Glazier?

• Advertisement

Jones and Valencia both living up to their stereotypes. Really missing Rafael at right back, Jones is just a lumbering clodfoot out there. And Valencia is every bit as crap as he was last season, how he still starts every game is a joke to me. Is his middle name Glazier?

Agree with you but defensively they are doing a good job would still rather raf and nani/zaha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Whatever about Valencia Jones is the very definition of a donkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Valencia and Cleverly off at halftime for Kagawa and Anderson....Utd not pressing up enough at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can't recall a 45 minutes as bad and I'm a regular league of Ireland attendee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Not read the thread and may have been mentioned before but how you can leave out two of the players of the year last year in Mata and Lukaku is very odd to me. If Benitez was selecting this team they would have torches and pitchforks out.

Yawnfest.

The passing from both sides has been very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone watching on UPC got random numbers appear top right and what looks like ......... bottom right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not sure I can take another 45 minutes of this. Life's too short.

As a Chelsea fan would you rather see lampard on ye bench with Oscar in the deep role and mata in behind Lukaku and hazard and de bruyne on either side. Surely that has more balance to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

allybhoy wrote: »
    I wanted to see a close up of Phil Jones face after that fall...:mad:

Don't worry if it was a jones face special, it will be on the net later or tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ramirez cross there somes up the game so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Anyone watching on UPC got random numbers appear top right and what looks like ......... bottom right?

Ok for me on UPC.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Awful, awful half of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

daithijjj wrote: »
    Not read the thread and may have been mentioned before but how you can leave out two of the players of the year last year in Mata and Lukaku is very odd to me. If Benitez was selecting this team they would have torches and pitchforks out.

Yawnfest.
    Best to judge him on the result. A nil all draw would be a good result for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Not sure I can take another 45 minutes of this. Life's too short.

absolutely painful to watch. Real Madrid vs Granada is calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I can see Lukaku coming on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

What a boring half that was. Hopefully things pick up. Couldn't be as dull again surely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

In a word..Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That 45 minutes could only have dragged on longer if Michael Owen was commentating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I forgot how appallingly horrifically boring Jose's big matches were.

Remember when him and Rafa went against each other a standard 8 times a year with Chelsea and Pool. Jesus they were horrible games.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Fair play to Moyes and Rooney so far.

ollie1 wrote: »
    Ok for me on UPC.

Changed channel up and back again and the numbers are gone, but the dots are still there.

Odd.

There on the ads too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have it in the top right, noticed it watching the Chelsea Hull game as well. Didn't see anything bottom right, will report back when the 2nd half starts ;).

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Fair play to Moyes and Rooney so far.

For what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody got a good stream they can pm me. Every stream i go into keeps freezin and is blurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

José Must have mickey harte in his coaching team

Dcully wrote: »
    For what?

Moyes for starting him and Rooney for busting the gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Tight, tense and moments of quality have been few and far between. Chelsea's front four have pressed well and made it difficult for Man Utd to find a telling pass from deep but the ball retention from Chelsea hasn't been good enough, Ramires in particular has played some shocking passes. The ball really hasn't stuck enough up front, long kicks forward from defenders and Cech have just come right back. Still a draw is a fine result.

Moyes for starting him and Rooney for busting the gut.

tb fair he is bursting a gut.

Chelsea tactic seems to try and get Vidic or Ferdinand into a foot race, passes have not been good though.

• Advertisement

Have it in the top right, noticed it watching the Chelsea Hull game as well. Didn't see anything bottom right, will report back when the 2nd half starts ;).

Dots are there on every Sky Sports channel (except news) and Sky Ashes. No other channels though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dots are there on every Sky Sports channel (except news) and Sky Ashes. No other channels though.

Sorry though you meant numbers bottom right as well :p Yeah they're there as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anybody actually figured out what Chelsea's game plan is yet? Mou looks to be taking the piss - with the pens, note taking and everything. They'd be a lot more coherent with an actual CF. Not to mention some width. Currently they're living off the fact that United are piss poor at breaking down cluttered defences. Game is just begging for Kagawa.

Game is there for United to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Would like to see Anderson on for Cleverly, he can run forward with the ball at pace, neither Cleverly or Carrick are ball carriers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

United with nearly 60% possession, Barca eat your heart out

Jaysus Caragher's voice is so grating it's like a rusty gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Even contest.

I'd actually predict a 0-0 at this stage. Not much given by either side, and moments of quality in attack have been rare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Anyone else watching a stream on Al Jazeera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Jernal wrote: »
    Anybody actually figured out what Chelsea's game plan is yet? Mou looks to be taking the piss - with the pens, note taking and everything. They'd be a lot more coherent with an actual CF. Not to mention some width. Currently they're living off the fact that United are piss poor at breaking down cluttered defences. Game is just begging for Kagawa.

Game is there for United to win.

Kagawa for who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Thought Val had a really good first half myself o_O

Advertisement