Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All you can eat rib Dublin

Options
  • 25-08-2013 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Is there any place in Dublin that does all you can ribs for a fixed price? I know a place in liffey valley does it but that's too far away. Look for somewhere more central?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Aussie BBQ & Bison bar in the city are good for ribs. Not sure you will get all you can eat but you won't be left hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ray von wrote: »
    Aussie BBQ & Bison bar in the city are good for ribs. Not sure you will get all you can eat but you won't be left hungry!

I don't know love Aussie BBQ but was in the Bison Bar the other week got pulled pork and ribs combo for 16.95 quid a bit over priced if you ask me especially since I was still hungry after I finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Aussie BBQ's ribs are quite poor, I found. Bison's are great though. You can get a double portion for a reduced price if you're going with someone else or want to quite literally 'pig out' .

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭omega666

Aussie BBQ ribs are more like Pork Belly than Ribs.
    Bison's rib's are baby back ribs i think.

I paid a visit to Bison bar a month ago after reading about it on Boards
    and i have to say i came away a bit disappointed.
    It was a lot more expensive than Aussie BBQ and the food wasn't that nice.
    It was obviously the food wasn't fresh, it was cooked early in the day and was
    dried out by the time it was served to us.

In a contest, Aussie BBQ wins, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Go to Jummy Chungs on Eden Quay. It's an all you can eat Chinese but the ribs are good and will keep coming!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Go to Jummy Chungs on Eden Quay. It's an all you can eat Chinese but the ribs are good and will keep coming!! :)

excellent. cos im not keen on paying for ribs unless there all you can eat! we really need a proper all you can eat ribs restaurant in dublin! anyone cook and got a few grand?! is jimmy chungs really good??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Would absolutely love a Tony Roma's to open up in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

keano2012 wrote: »
    excellent. cos im not keen on paying for ribs unless there all you can eat! we really need a proper all you can eat ribs restaurant in dublin! anyone cook and got a few grand?! is jimmy chungs really good??

it is the best all you can eat Chinese i have been at in Dublin, i havnt tasted the ribs but the food there is nice plus they have a cone machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Warper wrote: »
    it is the best all you can eat Chinese i have been at in Dublin, i havnt tasted the ribs but the food there is nice plus they have a cone machine

cone machine!...im in! think friday night is on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That Aussie BBQ is crap, Bison Bar on the other hand is really nice. Good ribs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Aussie BBQ's ribs are quite poor, I found. .

+1 The Aussie BBQ in general is rubbish. The ribs I had there were a sloppy mess of tasteless meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Seen something about a new place opening up on georges st?
    Smoke pit or smoke house or something?
    Anybody any wiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Seen something about a new place opening up on georges st?
    Smoke pit or smoke house or something?
    Anybody any wiser?

There's a place opening soon there - the Pitt Smoking Co. or something like that, a few doors up from The George. May have read somewhere it is the same crowd that run Bison Bar.

Still being renovated though, looks like a few weeks away from opening, at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

keano2012 wrote: »

Jimmy Chung's is very good...the food is fresh and there's lots of variety.

Advertisement