Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking cuttings

• 25-08-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I have taken some cuttings and am trying to root them in water before potting them. Can anyone help as to whether it would be beneficial to add a mild solution of Miracle Grow to kick start the rooting process or would that be too strong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

only a few plants will root in water as cuttings, what have you got? better to use moist but free draining soil for most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Miracle grow will kill it. You need a rooting compound like clonex etc... they come in powder, gel and liquid form. Don't use miracle grow etc...
    You need root hormones not nitrogen etc... it will only burn it and there will be no chance of root development.
    If it were me i would get clonex etc... and then i would root it in a small rock wool cube until they start to come out the bottom then plant it in a small pot for two weeks and when they are properly developed and it is starting to grow etc.. put it wherever you want.

Advertisement