Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parental control for android

Options
  • 25-08-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

HI

Im looking for an app that will allow me to control time that my children can spend on the tabled. But Im looking for something that they will have they own login or password and i will setup daily time limits for each account eg user1 90min daily .
    And it will be up to the user if he use all time at one go or 2 x 45 min. once it use all allocated time user can login next day or superuser can allocate extra time if needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Good idea for an app. Get developin'!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

There is something similar already in Android 4.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marcilud

Kavrocks wrote: »
    There is something similar already in Android 4.3.

I got 4.1.2

kleefarr wrote: »

this is filtering for a browser i m looking for an app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

marcilud wrote: »
    HI

Im looking for an app that will allow me to control time that my children can spend on the tabled. But Im looking for something that they will have they own login or password and i will setup daily time limits for each account eg user1 90min daily .
    And it will be up to the user if he use all time at one go or 2 x 45 min. once it use all allocated time user can login next day or superuser can allocate extra time if needed.

You can set times which certain machines can access the internet if you have a little bit of knowledge (if not, you can always google how or ask). See here. I know it's not what you asked for, an app, but it's how I'd approach it if I ever had the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

HI

Funamo does all this and works really well. Also proxy's the browser against adult content. You can also log what they are doing.

see here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=funamo.funamo&hl=en

well worth the €15 licence after the trial period.

Have it for 2 tablets and 1 phone for my kids.

slegs wrote: »
    Funamo does all this and works really well. Also proxy's the browser against adult content. You can also log what they are doing.

see here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=funamo.funamo&hl=en

well worth the €15 licence after the trial period.

Have it for 2 tablets and 1 phone for my kids.

Is it block also games and other apps on the tablet ? can you set using time for each child on one device ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Is it block also games and other apps on the tablet ? can you set using time for each child on one device ?
    Less than a minute reading the apps description gives me the answer to both of your questions. Why don't you try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

• Advertisement
Advertisement