Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to GMIT....Register?

Options
  • 25-08-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, I just accepted Heritage in GMIT but I haven't heard anything from the college yet, the college site also says something about registering to the collegehttp://www.gmit.ie/register-at-gmit/new-students/index.html

Should I wait till I get all the information from the college or go ahead and register now...or am I even required to do this registering process? Also I was going to book accommodation in Cuirt Na Rasai if anyone has info on the place? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Keanna

I accepted GMIT for Film and I still haven't heard anything either. I accepted my course last week (online) and I only got a confirmation from the cao in the mail today. So, I think they're just a bit slow, which is reasonable. Not too sure about the registration thing yet, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

It's been a while since I was a first year so I can't quite remember what registration was like for first years but I think you'll receive a registration pack in the post that you have to fill out and send in. Either that or you'll register in the college itself during your first week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Once you've accepted your spot you'll do an online registration. I don't think you have to pay the reg fees but you do have to fill it in. I presume it'll be sent in the post or via email with the timetable for orientation week etc. Or as sierra said you can usually do it in your first week.

Advertisement