Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How should I care for my herb garden?

• 25-08-2013 1:07pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I have a window box with herbs and I've had it the last month or so and it's been fine. In the last few days its gone a little dull and some leaves are browning a little. I have parsley, coriander, oregano and basil. The basil leaves now have holes in them. I water them every day, and the pot has drainage.

I'm just wondering if there's any suggestions how I can keep my herbs alive, forever! They are outside btw. Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

ChewChew wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I have a window box with herbs and I've had it the last month or so and it's been fine. In the last few days its gone a little dull and some leaves are browning a little. I have parsley, coriander, oregano and basil. The basil leaves now have holes in them. I water them every day, and the pot has drainage.

I'm just wondering if there's any suggestions how I can keep my herbs alive, forever! They are outside btw. Thanks a mill!

Parsley can survive outside in an irish winter, the rest are unlikely to survive outside in winter especially basil which is like a canary down a mine for cold.

Advertisement