Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donkey Ford's

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tippman is obviously a pro.

Own Salt and towel. Forward planning or an unhealthy and frequent relationship with choppers?

Says Fatman here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

My memories of college involve superdine in castletroy after the lodge. Place used to be packed out the door and the food was shocking! lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If any of you are in Murroe, Crokers, do some decent cut chips. Not a bag a chips I know, but good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

seachto7 wrote: »
    If any of you are in Murroe, Crokers, do some decent cut chips. Not a bag a chips I know, but good.

Crokers is great. They do an amazing fillet stake too drooolll.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

and a good pizza, but I noted their chips the few times I ate there. Look like they are fresh cut as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Had Donkey's on Sunday. Amazing as always.

(May or may not have been dying...)

Did the thread inspire you?.....all this talk of food, mmmm....might pop up the road to get a battered sausage and chip! :)

I belive Donkey's is the only old skool or British type chipper, as in they wrap the food in that white paper instead of a bag....like they do in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

It's been, well donkey's (I'm here all week folks) since I was in Donkey Ford's but was in there this evening, for €6 I got a small burnt burger, chips, two battered sausages & a can, afraid to say it was poor, won't be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi
    Just wondering what is the name of the chipper in Galway that does gluten free?

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

rok wrote: »
    serious question... do ye know is there any chipper in Limerick that (knowingly or unknowingly) cooks Gluten Free chips? :pac:

i.e. the chips do not have a crisp coating containing wheat flour, and they're cooked seperately in a fryer reserved for chips only, their own oil.
    Most chippers use the same oil fryer for everything, cooking onion rings, nuggets, fish batter etc all containing gluten thus contaminating the oil with the dreaded gluten and leaving the chips un-edible for those on a gluten free diet.

I've found a chipper in Galway and another in Liscannor that are ok, they actually cook their chips seperately in a fryer to preserve the quality of the chips, but most chippers in Limerick are not. McDonald's chips are supposed to be gluten free but not the same as chipper chips.
    p.s. I follow a Gluten Free diet for medical reasons.

Just wondering what is the name of this place in Galway

Thank you

when I go to donkey ford its like going to aldi I come out with money & food there cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Was never a fan of Donkey's, way too greasy for my liking. Enzo's is the best chipper in Limerick for me:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

molly09 wrote: »
    Just wondering what is the name of this place in Galway

Thank you

Could it be McDonagh's, love their fish&chips

http://www.mcdonaghs.net/page3.html

Advertisement