Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to house with active landline and Eircom broadband.. but

• 25-08-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi. Im propably moving to a new house that currently has active broadband and landline from Eircom (current tenant).

Is it possible for me to signup for Sky Broadband then? Or do i need to use Eircom? Or can we just transfer the ownership of the Eircom broadband and landline to me? I dont want any major break to the internet connection...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

finnteme wrote: »
    Hi. Im propably moving to a new house that currently has active broadband and landline from Eircom (current tenant).

Is it possible for me to signup for Sky Broadband then? Or do i need to use Eircom? Or can we just transfer the ownership of the Eircom broadband and landline to me? I dont want any major break to the internet connection...

I would imagine if the current tenant is in a contract with Eircom.
    Then he must fur full that contract or pay a penalty.
    You would have to get a new contract with Eircom.
    Just my thought on way out of this problem.
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

The account will move with the tenants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Would the tenant leaving not take their contract with eircom with them to their new address? Very easy to do this these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

The current tenants are not in 12mth contract anymore, and they dont want to take the Eircom with them. I propably will take Sky then, but i hope there is not any problems, since the landline hasnt been in my name etc.

The current tenants are not in 12mth contract anymore, and they dont want to take the Eircom with them. I propably will take Sky then, but i hope there is not any problems, since the landline hasnt been in my name etc.

They have to close their account so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I assume that they need to give 30 days notice to Eircom though, can the operator switch to be performed during this time, if the current tenant says that his account can be closed immediatly and line to be released?

I assume that they need to give 30 days notice to Eircom though, can the operator switch to be performed during this time, if the current tenant says that his account can be closed immediatly and line to be released?

The line wont be held for 30 days it just means they will have another months bill to pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can go ahead and order the move as soon as you move in, but dont count on having no down time. As soon as eircom get the move order they'll cut the BB account but it may take a day or two for sky to jumper you over. Downtime can be as low as a few hours but often isnt.

Advertisement