Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spine tinglingly inspirational trumpets

Options
  • 25-08-2013 3:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. There's something about trumpets - especially live - that just runs through your soul! Think of songs like "gonna fly now", the intro to "Dallas", even the intro to "YMCA"! For me at least, whenever I hear songs like that, I shed years of bodily wear-and-tear, I feel like I'm 21 again and I can take on the world! So I'm trying to compile a list of songs with a trumpet-y sound that will send a shiver down your spine and motivate you to push yourself to the limit! Bonus points for anything with a military association!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Examples of songs where the trumpet is very evident and gives me shivers down my back:

"What the World Needs Now is Love" - Dionne Warwick's version (written by Hal David and Burt Bacharach).

"This Guy's in Love" - Herb Alpert (also written by David and Bacharach).

"Reward" - Teardrop Explodes

"Shipbuilding" - Elvis Costello

"Johnny Come Home" - The Fine Young Cannibals

Advertisement