Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost suit jacket taxi

Options
  • 25-08-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I left my suit jacket in a taxi in dun laoirghe friday night saterday morning, would love to get it back, help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

The Garda may be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

The Garda station in Shankill is one of a few in Dublin assigned to deal with lost property in taxis. I'd get in touch with them or with the carriage office.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lucky frank lives

great news i rang shankill garda station and it was handed in same make as mine thanks for the help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

And who said all Taxi drivers are chancers :p

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

uch wrote: »
    And who said all Taxi drivers are chancers :p

Agreed.

I've been catching taxis off and on for about 10 years.
    Only ever had 2 bad incidents, and even those were minor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Wow! That's great that you got it back. :)

+1 on taxi drivers. Recently got a taxi from town to Dalkey with my housemate and she left her iPhone 5 behind. We tried to call it but the battery was dead. So she went off home feeling quite upset. Bear in mind, these are the guts of €600 to replace.

Anyway, a couple of hours later the taxi driver came back out to Dalkey and searched the pub high and low until he found me to return the phone. I tried to give him €50 for his troubles and the fare back out, but he refused to accept it!!

Call him any time we need a taxi in and around the city centre now.

Needless to say she was over the moon about getting the phone back!

Advertisement