Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Museum Dublin- still open?

Options
  • 25-08-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question- anybody know if the Tax Museum in Dublin Castle is still open these days? It might save me a phone call tomorrow..

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Their site doesn't say otherwise. Did you hear it had shut?

http://www.dublincastle.ie/VisitorFacilities/TheRevenueMuseum/

Tel: 8635 601 - open 10am til 4pm weekdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

spurious wrote: »
    Their site doesn't say otherwise. Did you hear it had shut?

http://www.dublincastle.ie/VisitorFacilities/TheRevenueMuseum/

Tel: 8635 601 - open 10am til 4pm weekdays.

A few people have told me they've gone in during those times and it wasn't open- I'll check tomorrow and will post it up here if they are or aren't still open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭theGEM

Great day out - Revenue Museum, Garda Museum and the Chester Beatty Library.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

And there are some great sand sculptures in the courtyard until the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Yep still open

21/25

• Advertisement

It is indeed... and well worth the trip. Thanks for all the replies!
    uch wrote: »
    Yep still open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

theGEM wrote: »
    Great day out - Revenue Museum, Garda Museum and the Chester Beatty Library.

I've an idea that the Garda Museum is closed at the moment, lack of funds to keep it open apparently.

The brother was in it a while back, said it was fantastic!

For a museum about tax it's surprisingly enjoyable! I'd definitely recommend to everyone.
    Speedsie wrote: »
    I've an idea that the Garda Museum is closed at the moment, lack of funds to keep it open apparently.

The brother was in it a while back, said it was fantastic!

Advertisement