Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby passport - how long

Options
  • 25-08-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi. My baby is 11 weeks old. He has his birtt cert. As we are thinking of travelling abroad, what is the quickest way of getting passport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

baggote2 wrote: »
    Hi. My baby is 11 weeks old. He has his birtt cert. As we are thinking of travelling abroad, what is the quickest way of getting passport?

Passport express thru an post . Took about 6 working days once we sent off. They say to allow for ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We sent ours off on Thursday so I'm hoping they are still as quick.

We sent ours off on Thursday so I'm hoping they are still as quick.

That was just 3 weeks ago so hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Have to get the little fella's passport soon, what exactly do you need??
    Do you just fill out the same form you would for yourself or is there a different one for children??
    I presume you still need 2 passport sized pics & the fee of course, anything else??

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

We just had one arrive last week, took 10 working days

• Advertisement

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Have to get the little fella's passport soon, what exactly do you need??
    Do you just fill out the same form you would for yourself or is there a different one for children??
    I presume you still need 2 passport sized pics & the fee of course, anything else??

The form, signatures to be witnessed by Garda, 4 passport pics (increased from 2!) - 2 signed by Garda , birth cert of baby, and we were told by Garda to put in one adults passport - so put mine. Not sure if this cos my hubbie not Irish or if u have to put in always. Got it back altogether in six working days - was great! Going away next week so wouldn't have bothered otherwise. My older daughter was only 2 weeks when we had to get hers - totally agree about the photos - at 18 months she's totally unrecognisable from it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

dublinlady wrote: »
    The form, signatures to be witnessed by Garda, 4 passport pics (increased from 2!) - 2 signed by Garda , birth cert of baby, and we were told by Garda to put in one adults passport - so put mine. Not sure if this cos my hubbie not Irish or if u have to put in always. Got it back altogether in six working days - was great! Going away next week so wouldn't have bothered otherwise. My older daughter was only 2 weeks when we had to get hers - totally agree about the photos - at 18 months she's totally unrecognisable from it!!

Great thanks, enjoy the hols!!

Advertisement