Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging routers questions

Options
  • 25-08-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a wireless router downstairs, wireless does not cover upstairs, old house with thick walls. I have a cat5 cable wired from the router to upstairs. I want to extend the wireless to upstairs.

Looks like connecting a new router to the cat5 upstairs and bridging is my best bet. I have read a lot of threads talking about compatibility between routers so could someone please help with a few questions...
    My main rouetr is eircom zysel P 660 hw which is acting as a router but it says it can support bridging so I am assuming it will be ok compatibility wise?
    Can anyone recommend a cheap router to act a bridge? Preferably not a modem just a wireless router?

Alternatively has anyone seen any wireless range extenders that take cat5 as input as opposed to picking up existing wireless and boosting that. I can't find any devices that are dedicated bridges.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement