Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hse transfers

Options
  • 25-08-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has anybody any experience of getting transferred within the hse? How long does it take? I want to transfer from a Dublin hospital to one in cork city.

I'm in the process of selling my house should I wait until it's sold to apply or should I apply now if it takes a long time.

Do you have to be in continuous employment with the hse prior to your transfer or can you take a break and still be eligible for a transfer when a vacancy arises?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Don't know if the position is the same in the HSE as it is in the wider public service but there is a currently an embargo.

As I understand it as you won't be replaced due to the embargo therefore you won't be released in order to take up potential vacancies in Cork.

Transfer lists have stalled completely in the wider public service - unless you're in an area that requires staff cuts / redeployment.

You should really contact your HR to find out what their policy is in relation to transfers and existing transfer lists some public service transfer lists are so oversubscribed you could be waiting 8 years or more for transfer.

Advertisement