Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Ardkeen

Options
  • 25-08-2013 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Just to get everyone a heads up that lidl Ardkeen is shut until 12/09/2013 due to renovations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

madfcuker wrote: »
    Just to get everyone a heads up that lidl Ardkeen is shut until 12/09/2013 due to renovations.

nice one, i usually go there at weekend. will know to give it a miss now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

What are they actually doing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Chap working there told me its closing for 2 and a half weeks they can take holidays or work in other stores and the result will be a completely new shop they are changing/replacing everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does anyone know if Lidl opening up as had any obvious effect on Ardkeen Stores? Having a "discount" supermarket cheek by jowl with the most expensive grocery shop in town should have an impact but maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

mike65 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Lidl opening up as had any obvious effect on Ardkeen Stores? Having a "discount" supermarket cheek by jowl with the most expensive grocery shop in town should have an impact but maybe not!

I'd guess Ardkeen stores get alot of their customers in for their fresh food and artisan foods etc. They probably have different market shares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

They should go 24 hour. Them some of the 'Posh' people living out there could shop there in the middle of the night without been seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JPA wrote: »
    I'd guess Ardkeen stores get alot of their customers in for their fresh food and artisan foods etc. They probably have different market shares.
    you wont get tubs of Ginos Ice Cream in LIDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

Try Aldi !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Normally park in lidl and do my shopping in lidl or ardkeen itself , anyway out there today usual parking chaos worse now with closure . Went into car park behind belisimo , the minimum it costs is 2 euro , 4 euro for day and was just going to bank . Won't be supporting any shops out there again till lidl car park opens again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh, I didnt realise that car park charged. It is really getting hard to park out there.

It takes 4 mins to walk from Tesco Carpark down, not much good when you have shopping.

I used to park in Tesco when I was attending the antinatal appointments in the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    you wont get tubs of Ginos Ice Cream in LIDL.

saw them for first time at weekend...a nice treat, bad for Max's waistline.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

lidl ardkeen back opened on the 6th of september!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

zebra123 wrote: »
    lidl ardkeen back opened on the 6th of september!

no sorry my mistake the 12th got the dates mixed up!!!

Open today, place is brighter , looks like more vegetables , aisles seem wider , that's about it to be honest . Kind of dissapointed basically the same stuff in the same places as before not a game changer tesco will be relieved as it looks like a missed opportunity to be honest .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Anyone with half a brain stopped shopping at Tesco a long time ago.

Must be a lot of half brained people in Waterford so judging by the packed car park .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Anyone with half a brain stopped shopping at Tesco a long time ago.

Hope not, I'd be out of a job.

decies wrote: »
    Open today, place is brighter , looks like more vegetables , aisles seem wider , that's about it to be honest . Kind of dissapointed basically the same stuff in the same places as before not a game changer tesco will be relieved as it looks like a missed opportunity to be honest .

Its Lidl - the price is their selling point nothing else, so I wasn't surprised when I went in but the place as a whole is brighter and easier to get around.

Which is exactly what I said !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Whatzit

Missed opportunity in what way?

Called in today for a gander, thought it looked nice more open, brighter etc, always shop there anyway prices far better than tesco and I personally find the quality on fruit and vegetables to be better too. Have to say thought they might have had a few more "opening" day offers.

• Advertisement

Which is exactly what I said !!

Then why were you disappointed?

Advertisement