Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows based mail server

• 25-08-2013 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Anyone know of a Windows based mail server that would handle SSL/TLS? Need to connect to Gmail. Linux wouldn't be my forte.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Short Answer would be mDaemon Pro (standard version does not support TLS) at over €300 for 6 users with only one year of support, and extra cost for smartphone friendly Activesync or Outlook connectors for keeping calendar and contacts synced.
    But it's simple to setup, admin and it's reliable, with a free trial. Opinions are mixed on the Worldclient Webmail interface.

This question will prompt a load of responses asking why you don't use Google Apps / Hosted Exchange cloudy versions.

If you provide more info on what you require and don't require, other options might be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

I have an old mail server (production of which has been ceased for some years now). I would like to retain the features of this server as it has been working away goodo for years and I am familiar with it. Also, it's bought and paid for.

It doesn't do SSL so when we changed to Google a CentOS machine was put in with Sendmail collecting from Google as a catch-all and the old sever collecting from Sendmail. The old mail server does smtp via our ISP, but this will have to change now too as we need TLS.

I was hoping there might be a basic mail server that would sit between Google and my old server do the TLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

If you are only looking for something that allows outgoing email, why not look at something like SendGrid (www.sendgrid.com) or Amazon's Simple Email Service (aws.amazon.com/ses)? They both offer SMTP Out services and will allow you to send from an internal server... both offer tracking also...

Alternatively, have a look at HMail (www.hmailserver.com). IIRC, it has SSL support...

Advertisement