Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

040 Waterford-New Ross-Wexford-Rosslare

Options
  • 25-08-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Anyone use this service, it looks like a way of getting to Wexford town for me from Waterford as I would be travelling back and forth round lunchtime.

The 372 is useless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Buses can sometimes be delayed a bit by traffic in Wexford and New Ross.

There's also route 370 on which some fares are cheaper than route 40!

However the 370 operates just once a day each way (not Sundays) between Waterford and Wexford: 10am from Waterford; 2.15pm ex Wexford (rail station). Also stops at Wexford Hospital. It takes around 1 hr 45 minutes.

Waterford - Wexford single is €10.50 (€9.98 online)

Day return on route 370 is €11.50 (buy on bus). Day return on route 40 is €19.50 (€18.52 online).

10-Journey tickets also available (buy any day and it's valid until the night of the 6th day e.g. bought on Wednesday would be valid till the following Tuesday evening).

http://www.whensmybus.ie/ is handy for checking real time of return bus (in case of delay)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi Greg 1234 thanks for your detailed reply. Fortunately ticket cost is not a problems as I have a companion pass.

Around lunchtime anyway would there always be capacity on the 040 or could it be full sometimes. Just thinking because it comes from the car ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

No problem.

Have never experienced a problem using the 040 or 370 due to the bus being full. It can be busy at times and passengers do use it to/from the ferries but unless there's a major event or a sudden fluctuation I wouldn't envisage any problems.

Advertisement