Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newb: Movies on TV from PC/USB memory etc

• 25-08-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I hope this is an ok place to post this ...

We have a collection of movies and tv programs that we moved on to our PC from DVDs but since have lost the original DVDs in a house move.

I was wondering how best we can play them on our TV. The TV is a HD tv but has a USB port that only plays Jpegs and MP3s.

Do I need to get something like a Blu ray box with a media/internet/wifi thing built in ? We don't have a lot of dosh. Do they have a USB port for this kind fo thing ? Would an Apple tv box have that ?

Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

This post has been deleted.
    Mmmm interesting. I'll check that out. Thanks Cpt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

What about google chrome cast? €30 notes and your sorted.

nialler wrote: »
    What about google chrome cast? €30 notes and your sorted.

I thought that wasn't available and doesn't work in Ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Not that I'm aware Piliger, I only know it was sold out on the google play store, as long as you're watching your movies in Chrome it should work fine.

N

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

This is off topic for here, but where to put it? I'm going to move it to Home Entertainment (with apologies to the mods there if it doesn't quite fit the bill either)

icdg wrote: »
    This is off topic for here, but where to put it? I'm going to move it to Home Entertainment (with apologies to the mods there if it doesn't quite fit the bill either)

If it's off topic here ... you can understand my own dilemma .... :confused:

Advertisement