Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Chance Mature Student

Options
  • 25-08-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Heres my problem I was registring for my course in U.C.D as you do online for my course until I got to the payment section and heres my problem im looking at fews of nearly 6000 grand between the student contribution fee and tuition fees.....Its been 6 years now sense I was last in college in a course I didnt complete I have filled out my susi grant form but havent heard back ...Im wondering in particular with the tuition fees if I am going to be eligable for those to be paid for the government? any help at all would be greatly appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yeah, UCD automatically has all matures down for undergrad fees. Just get in touch with the fees office in UCD and tell'em you're eligible for free fees, and it'll be corrected. I believe it's a fairly straightforward process, but they might ask for proof. I'm in the same boat myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shane 25

Thanks mate had a serious bit of panic going on there because I could not afford that extra 3 grand .....Def owe you a pint !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I'm a second chance student and the same happened me. Logged in and they were looking for money. I just got in touch with the student desk and they told me my previous college were claiming I completed the course. I told them I hadn't so what I needed to do was get a note from the old place to say I'd not completed, send it to the fees office and UCD sorted out the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shane 25

Thanks man I may prepare myself for something similar then Really to appriciate it guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

Jumping in here to pick your brains guys - I'll be a 2nd chancer next year - how did ye find the process? Any tips?

• Advertisement
Advertisement