Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher Transfer in VEC (ETB) system

Options
  • 25-08-2013 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am wondering if anyone has applied for transfer in the VEC system and successfully got it? Do you need to hold CID / permanent position before application? I have an RPT contract and would like to apply for transfer within the VEC but am unsure if I would be eligible to apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris68

Anyone is allowed to apply, but be careful. Your principal has to sign off on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Much better chance if you're CID and if you know of a specific vacancy in another centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 catmother

Thank you Chris68 and implausible for your replies.

I had heard the principal had to sign off on it, but I am hopeful that they can see my point of view of a 1000Km commute each week and that its not an attempt at being disrespectful towards the school in any way.
    I guess I will have to put the feelers out to find out if there is any specific vacancies coming up.

Do you know will they only only transfer in the subject you are currently teaching or do they take into account the other subjects you are recognised to teach in. I aplogise in advance for not knowing this information but I am not too au fait with the VEC ETB system in this regard.

Advertisement