Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donadea forest - beware of thieves

Options
  • 25-08-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Fairly well known as a problem spot I'm sure but my car was broken into in the car park today.

Just putting it out there in case someone's planning a visit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Sadly this is going on for years. What time did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ejvilla

Between 12:00 and 13:30. Didn't get much but caused a bit of damage and a lot of inconvenience.

Won't be going back until someone invests in some form of security. Found articles outlining the same methods in use there since 2010. Fairly unforgivable that it hasn't been stamped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Could you put links to those articles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Wow, that's a little worrying alright, the price in is steep enough, especially as all I see is a car park, there's no bins in the place, so they do a bit of grass cutting for the €5 and they don't even look after your car for that.

Shocking, and it's a place I actually like to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

That's such a pity, I had been planning on using the place more frequently :(

Was it busy when you were there OP? Does it only happen during quiet times?

My first time there in more than a decade so can't speak to the norm but it seemed quite busy. Perhaps as many as 20 other cars, lots of walkers, runners, cyclists and families.

I parked a little bit away from the main group, still within the car park and a few cars were parked nearby. Perhaps being more isolated encouraged the attempt.

Still, they had the tools and the intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

It's disappointing to hear they don't have CCTV on entrance/exit. That would help in narrowing the search for those scumbags. Sorry for your trouble ejvilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Staplor wrote: »
    Wow, that's a little worrying alright, the price in is steep enough, especially as all I see is a car park, there's no bins in the place, so they do a bit of grass cutting for the €5 and they don't even look after your car for that.

Shocking, and it's a place I actually like to go.

You obviously have never been there!

Huge park, loads of woodland walks, well maintained and just a fiver to park a car and access to the park for all occupants.

As for cars being broken into - if people left nothing on the seats that is attractive to thieves, they won't be broken into. It happens everywhere, not just in Ireland and the same rule applies - don't entice them.

sandin wrote: »
    You obviously have never been there!

Huge park, loads of woodland walks, well maintained and just a fiver to park a car and access to the park for all occupants.

As for cars being broken into - if people left nothing on the seats that is attractive to thieves, they won't be broken into. It happens everywhere, not just in Ireland and the same rule applies - don't entice them.

Nothing was on display, car was bare. Am quite particular about that. Stuff taken from glove box. Nice assumption & victim blaming there sandin.

Post was a PSA for those who don't know that the place is _targeted_. Obviously, opportunist crims will be attracted to vulnerable targets with valuables on display. I don't believe Joe Scumbag was out for a picnic and couldn't help themselves.

The park is a nice amenity. I'm soured on the place as is only natural. I'm less forgiving as no deterrents have been introduced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement