Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Banners Rd To Croker

• 25-08-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

So this has been posted on my bookface wall. And while a Clare lad, I unfortunately didn't watch the match.

But i'll stand behind my County, So here's to share the talent and keep the team spirit up. Quite a catchy tune

Hon Da Banner! :pac::cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ah t'wud take a Killaloe boy ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I see Barcode have shared it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Clareman wrote: »
    I see Barcode have shared it already

Thats where i borrowed with no intention of returning it, from. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Here's another supporters' song, not as good as Noel's song but a decent effort all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Great song. Well done to Noel McInerney. Wherever he is from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What about Aaron Esley's song?

seachto7 wrote: »
    What about Aaron Esley's song?
    Here you go ;)

Unfortunately, the quality of the recording isn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Does he not have another song about Clare as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Jaysus this thread makes me feel embarrassed to be Irish:o

Cén fa? . That's the most Irish I do probably wrong too. Be total different shtory if you said you were embarrassed to be a fellow banner brother/sister .

• Advertisement

Really?

The thing that embarrasses me about being Irish is our third world hospital service. It is very sad to see seriously ill people having to lie on trollies in corridors, sometimes for a couple of days.

Apologies for going off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

You have a lot to be troubling you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

[QUOTE=
    Unfortunately, the quality of the recording isn't great.[/QUOTE]

Realy? it's the quality of the tape that lets it down alright.... :D

Realy? it's the quality of the tape that lets it down alright.... :D
    Stop being cheeky you :p:D

Have you got your ticket?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've been assured of 2 tickets this evening, woohoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I've been assured of 2 tickets this evening, woohoo.

I'll begrudgingly lit the like button.:D

still waiting on a promise.:(

I have no doubt that there won't be anyone stuck without a ticket on Sunday, a week before the match it's impossible to get tickets, is a day or 2 before that you get them. I've heard that clubs aren't happy with their tickets either, up in the gods of the Hogan stand for most of them apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

I have no doubt that there won't be anyone stuck without a ticket on Sunday, a week before the match it's impossible to get tickets, is a day or 2 before that you get them. I've heard that clubs aren't happy with their tickets either, up in the gods of the Hogan stand for most of them apparently

A ticket is a ticket and they should be delighted! Not everyone is going to be happy unfortunately.
    I'm not happy cos I'm in Australia and this is my first final missed in over ten years :( I'm looking at flights to fly home but can't decide what to do.

melonstar wrote: »
    A ticket is a ticket and they should be delighted! Not everyone is going to be happy unfortunately.
    I'm not happy cos I'm in Australia and this is my first final missed in over ten years :( I'm looking at flights to fly home but can't decide what to do.

I've been going to matches all my life, I probably have a major addiction to going to live events if I'm honest, but I'm slowly coming around to the fact that being there is brilliant but there are other alternatives. I was at 3 HEC cup finals, I didn't go in 08 because I was getting married and the money was going to be better served on somthing else, instead of spending a fortune on getting to the match I had a great weekend with my mates locally. For you you could say how you witnessed Clare winning in '13 in Melbourne, maybe go down to Pugg's for a few bevvies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

At the risk of being branded a trator or even worse, at the risk of being banned, I just have to post this. I "accidentally" came across it, I thought it was funny :D

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/articles/duties-of-a-cork-fan

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    At the risk of being branded a trator or even worse, at the risk of being banned, I just have to post this. I "accidentally" came across it, I thought it was funny :D

http://www.peoplesrepublic
    ofcork
    .com/articles/duties-of-a-
    cork-fan

Funny? I'd like to extinct the writer. Just another reason why we(I) hate
    Corkonians

I've been going to matches all my life, I probably have a major addiction to going to live events if I'm honest, but I'm slowly coming around to the fact that being there is brilliant but there are other alternatives. I was at 3 HEC cup finals, I didn't go in 08 because I was getting married and the money was going to be better served on somthing else, instead of spending a fortune on getting to the match I had a great weekend with my mates locally. For you you could say how you witnessed Clare winning in '13 in Melbourne, maybe go down to Pugg's for a few bevvies :)

I've booked flights and I'm coming home :) I think if we were like kk and in the the all ireland every year I'd probably think differently! This doesn't happen to us that often!
    Anyway no one knows at home that I'm coming back and as the GAA say "nothing beats being there!" and I truly believe that!
    So excited :)

I've booked flights and I'm coming home :) I think if we were like kk and in the the all ireland every year I'd probably think differently! This doesn't happen to us that often!
    Anyway no one knows at home that I'm coming back and as the GAA say "nothing beats being there!" and I truly believe that!
    Wow, that's what I call dedication, you really deserve premium tickets in the Cusack Stand :)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Wow, that's what I call dedication, you really deserve premium tickets in the Cusack Stand :)

Yeah Davy and the lads should sort me out :)

My dad has tickets sorted for us. Unfortunately my mam has realised she has to give hers up for me :) I just called her :)

Yeah Davy and the lads should sort me out :)

My dad has tickets sorted for us. Unfortunately my mam has realised she has to give hers up for me :) I just called her :)
    I'm sure your mam was more than happy to make that sacrifice when she heard you were coming home. I really hope they win so you can spend next week celebrating. We won't tempt fate though.

I had a quick look on the Cork forum and there is no mention at all of the All Ireland Final :eek: I suppose they're well use to the trip to Croker so it not as big a deal for them.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm sure your mam was more than happy to make that sacrifice when she heard you were coming home. I really hope they win so you can spend next week celebrating. We won't tempt fate though.

I had a quick look on the Cork forum and there is no mention at all of the All Ireland Final :eek: I suppose they're well use to the trip to Croker so it not as big a deal for them.

Even though her birthday is Sunday she happily gave up her ticket for me :) I can spend time with her next week :)

Those cork lads are too afraid to talk about it!! They don't know what will hit them on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DeeDeeC

I don't suppose ye know anyone with spare tickets? They seem to be very slow filtering through!
    P.S. Fair play to you coming home! Dedication! Lets hope it will all be worth it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Ah well done, you won't regret it whether we win or lose.

I'd love to go. Is it true there going to be a big screen in abbey st Carpark on Sunday ?

Yes, there will be a big screen in the Abbey Street Carpark from 2:30pm to 6pm :)

http://www.thescore.ie/clare-cork-final-big-screen-ennis-1065778-Sep2013/

• Advertisement

Well Its D Day, While i shall be in bed, being awake for near 24 hours takes its toll.
    I hope to wake up to good news and if not hopefully its not too bad.

clare2.jpg

:pac::cool::pac::cool::pac::cool::pac::cool::pac::cool::pac::cool::pac:

Advertisement