Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIdwifery course as mature student

Options
  • 25-08-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

looking for advice, I am interested in returning to college as a mature student to study midwifery. I do not have a clue were to start, what is the first step I take? all information would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi. Not entirely sure but I think this is the last year that midwifery is offered as a separate discipline. From next year, Sept 2014, its combined with some of the nursing courses, i.e. you can't qualify as a midwife without doing nursing or being a registered nurse. I'm open to correction this though.

If you are interested in applying as a mature student a good start is to have a look at the attached booklet from the nursing careers centre.

Its 2013's info and will be updated to reflect changes for 2014. Its usually available from http://www.nursingboard.ie/en/careers.aspx

Advertisement