Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heaters - Cannisters

Options
  • 25-08-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

You remember the old grey cannisters that were used for storage heaters, are their replacement, bricks I think, any more efficient than the cannisters or is the only benefit that they look nice n slim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well they are a lot bigger as you said, the old big ones with the metal boxes were said to be better but just too big, i don't think it was that the metal was good, just that there was more thermal mass and it held and released the heat in a more suitable way, people liked the smaller slimmer ones, but the duo one now are being pushed as 30% more efficient than the 5 year old models, so i dont know how they measure up to the old metal ones.

Advertisement