Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA forum ban dispute

Options
  • 25-08-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,547 ✭✭✭✭

Hi There

I'd like to dispute the 1 month ban I received today from the GAA forum.

The ban was in relation to Clareman's post here and when I agreed with another poster's comments. The post has been removed but I've copied it below for your reference

Your post:
    KevIRL wrote: »
    How is he having a jibe at Clare? :confused:

Did you read his posts at all? Even the one you quoted can only be seen as one full of praise for Clare's underage success and how they've achieved it. Every county (bar Dublin) has a small population in comparison to Cork. Don't see how that can be seen as having a cut at a County anyway, where's the insult in being called an under populated county (which based on size, is an accurate description of Clare).

Gotta agree here Clareman. Did you quote the wrong post? I don't see any cut at Clare in it whatsoeve
    [/QUOTE]

I'd like to point out a few things

- I have been a long time poster on the GAA forum, have never had as much as an on thread warning there, not to mention an infraction or previous ban
    - I have engaged with Clareman a number of times on topics across the forum, always found him a good poster and mod
    - The post above was just engaging with him again. I dont feel there was any tone or anything else to it, in fact it was more helpful than anything
    - I dont know 'thinkstoomuch' in real life or on the forum, this has nothing to do with him
    - I am still surprised however that the warning he received for that post stands

So I was banned for one month for that post, the reason is back seat modding. I was not trying to back seat mod, just engage and be helpful. I wasnt trolling or anything else and made no other post on the matter. In hindsight perhaps a PM to Clareman would have been more apt, but I dont see anything wrong with my post, there was some other posts later on the thread and I think I am wrongly getting a ban as a result of these

Smashey a site admin and a long time GAA mod and the other GAA mods past and present I'm sure can vouch for my posts and quality of same on the forum.

I'd like to dispute

- The ban
    - The length of the ban

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you PM'd the mod to discuss this ban? That's the first step required before starting a thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,547 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you PM'd the mod to discuss this ban? That's the first step required before starting a thread here

I have also PM'ed the mod Beasty.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have also PM'ed the mod Beasty.
    Hi KevIRL - did you PM me, or did it default to a user with a similar name (Beasty. - a full stop at the end)?

Hi KevIRL - did you PM me, or did it default to a user with a similar name (Beasty. - a full stop at the end)?

Hey Beasty, I didnt PM you, PM'ed Clareman, the content of which is above as posted by Clareman, and explained by myself

For the record, I've no problem with Clareman reposting my PM to him as he did

I dont mind if Clareman posts on the thread Beasty. Turns out this discussion probably should have happened over PM between himself and myself so I've no probs in discussing it here with him if it helps resolve this

EDIT - this was replying to a post that now seems to be gone from the thread

• Advertisement

Hey Beasty, I didnt PM you, PM'ed Clareman, the content of which is above as posted by Clareman, and explained by myself

For the record, I've no problem with Clareman reposting my PM to him as he did

Sorry misunderstood - the mod's posts have been deleted as he had not been invited to post here. The process is to try and resolve the issue directly with the mod first (via PM) and then bring it here.

Can I ask you to exhaust that avenue first, and if it's not to your satisfaction I'll then deal with it here

Sorry misunderstood - the mod's posts have been deleted as he had not been invited to post here. The process is to try and resolve the issue directly with the mod first (via PM) and then bring it here.

Can I ask you to exhaust that avenue first, and if it's not to your satisfaction I'll then deal with it here

Thanks Beasty

Can you PM me the content of my deleted post from on here please as I'd like to send to Clareman

Thanks Beasty

Can you PM me the content of my deleted post from on here please as I'd like to send to Clareman
    Unfortunately I have no "modding" powers in this forum and cannot see deleted posts. One of the Dispute Resolution Forum mods may be able to assist you though

Unfortunately I have no "modding" powers in this forum and cannot see deleted posts. One of the Dispute Resolution Forum mods may be able to assist you though

Do you know who deleted it so I can ask them?

Do you know who deleted it so I can ask them Beasty?

• Advertisement

I don't but I think Spear is probably the most active mod around here (but it could equally have been any Admin), but any of the local mods should be able to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PM sent, Kev.

I understand this ban has been lifted following discussion with the mod

KevIRL, can this now be marked resolved?

This can be closed beasty. Ban was lifted this morning. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement