Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get an X1 on release day now?

Options
  • 25-08-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

My mind hasn't really been focused on consoles lately and just realised last day to order one for first day on Amazon was 15/8 which I obviously missed. If I pre-order in a store should I be able to get one? I'm in Dublin which probably makes it a little more unlikely.

What about Tesco/Argos? A friend of mine works on the hardware section in Tesco so that'll probably be my best bet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I remember when the wii came out, you couldn't get one anywhere without a pre-order apart from Argos. Harvey Normans is another bet as well. Or any electrical shop is worth a shot, just try places that wouldn't be as obvious as Gamestop, Game etc

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

My mind hasn't really been focused on consoles lately and just realised last day to order one for first day on Amazon was 15/8 which I obviously missed. If I pre-order in a store should I be able to get one? I'm in Dublin which probably makes it a little more unlikely.

What about Tesco/Argos? A friend of mine works on the hardware section in Tesco so that'll probably be my best bet.

I was in Xtra Vision earlier today in the ashleaf and they are taking pre orders. I don't know if they are day one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

2 weeks ago in Smyths on Jervis street they said they still have Day 1 editions of the XB 1 available for pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

2 weeks ago in Smyths on Jervis street they said they still have Day 1 editions of the XB 1 available for pre order.
    I'll confirm tomorrow but as of Friday we were still guaranteeing Day One preorders in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I preordered a Day One in Smyths in Bray on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

All is good, got a Day One edition online through GameStop. I hope that means day one delivery too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

All is good, got a Day One edition online through GameStop. I hope that means day one delivery too!
    Are you sure its day one release, I went into gamestop 3 weeks ago and they said they were completely sold out of release day Xbox One.

What they did say was that they could get me a day 1 edition but a few weeks later on the second run.

Advertisement