Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on level 8 courses

Options
  • 25-08-2013 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello! I am just curious about one thing regarding level 8 courses. If you have completed say 3 of the 4 years but are unable to continue into the 4th year, would you be able to gain a level 7 or do you have to finish the course?

I'm just a little unsure on how it works and i'd hate to have done a few years and not be able to get any form of award out of the course :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

crumbbuck wrote: »
    Hello! I am just curious about one thing regarding level 8 courses. If you have completed say 3 of the 4 years but are unable to continue into the 4th year, would you be able to gain a level 7 or do you have to finish the course?

I'm just a little unsure on how it works and i'd hate to have done a few years and not be able to get any form of award out of the course :o
    It depends, Some programmes are all or nothing 3/4 years courses for the level 8. Others are ab inito and that means you can leave with a higher cert after 2 years, An Ordinary Degree after 3 and an Honours degree after 4.

If you were unsure of the course you're wondering about then try and start with a level 6 and work your way up with add-on programmes.

Advertisement