Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NEED HELP TO TRACE SERIES 3 78 LANDROVER DEFENDER

Options
  • 25-08-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

HI

I want to trace the where abouts and state of a landrover defender reg
    78 WH 17. It was a blue shortwheel base 88inch (i think) when we had it but that was over 20 years ago!

I dont know where to start looking? has anyone done this before??

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

number looks familiar, head over to www.4xforum.net, drop me a pm when you register with your user name and i'll approve you, you can ask over there we have a large army of 4x4 enthusiasts over there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

no1horse wrote: »
    I want to trace the where abouts and state of a landrover defender reg
    78 WH 17. It was a blue shortwheel base 88inch (i think) when we had it but that was over 20 years ago!

If you were friendly with a Garda, he or she could run the reg on their system and could find the name and address of the registered owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

You could give a site like mywheels a few quid to find out its current tax status.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Well it's not showing up as taxed in a while.

Plus it's registered as a "LEYLAND" unknown model of zero cc.

Oh, and they hadn't even dreamt up the name "Defender" back then.

Advertisement