Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probate granted, delay in releasing funds

Options
  • 25-08-2013 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭

Currently finishing up  probate on my mothers estate. All the correct documentation has been sent to the bank requesting the realise of funds held in my late mothers account but nothing has happened.

Any idea why it takes so long for this to happen, no other bank has taken so long and i just want to get everything sorted at this stage. Waiting 4 weeks now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Owryan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you've encountered this delay with settling your late mother's estate. A representative in the account holding branch would be more than happy to contact the unit on your behalf and also look into the delay you've experienced. Contact details for the branch can be found here. Alternatively, you can request an update on the file by emailing the unit directly, deceasedaccounts@boi.com.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Thanks for replying. I ll try the email address as the branch in Carlow seemed to have been absent for customer care training.

Advertisement