Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shenmue Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Great Glob Almighty Richie!
    You're a one man life support machine for this thread!
    You're like the mod of this thread at this point!

lol , as long as shenmue has a pulse I will report info :L

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A pulse?
    I'd say more like on a life support machine!
    Now go pick up a few sailors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That's a hell of a teaser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

As with the Sonic cycle I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Deep breaths lads, deep breaths...

;-)

kotaku article shows the love shenmue fans have with this new bit of slogan for sony

I love it :pac:

http://kotaku.com/shenmue-fans-sure-are-crazy-1500240326

ku-xlarge.jpg

Yoshida appreciate it :L

https://twitter.com/yosp/statuses/422630984790450178

ryo has is now available to download on steam , guess i have to buy the pc version now

He uses the phoenix mirror to transform? Nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Should have been driving a forklift though.

• Advertisement

So Sega has ended 2013 with this image , could it be shenmue 3 tease for 2014 ?

It turns out to be dlc for Sega All Star Racing...christ almighty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    It turns out to be dlc for Sega All Star Racing...christ almighty

There are no words really. Has to be Sega trolling Shenmue fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Shenmue fans trolling themselves. It's obvious it was for Racing Transformed.

There aren't actually that many people interested in Shenmue 3, just a few thousand incredibly vocal fanboys. The games didn't really sell all that well in the first place.

There aren't actually that many people interested in Shenmue 3, just a few thousand incredibly vocal fanboys. The games didn't really sell all that well in the first place.

Your right, Sega should just keep doing what they're doing & give the people what they want...Alien: Colonial Marines etc

Shenmue 3 would attract a raft of new fans, people who hadn't played the originals.

Not to mention the fact that with today's technology it'd actually be much cheaper for them to make Shenmue nowadays than it would have been back in 1996 or so.

Master of the Universe

I would agree it wasn't a troll if they didn't put 'Shen 3' on the license plate in the teaser. If that's not a troll I don't know what is!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I would agree it wasn't a troll if they didn't put 'Shen 3' on the license plate in the teaser. If that's not a troll I don't know what is!

Sega / Sumo Digital: I TROL U!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They'll all download it anyway, and race with tears in their eyes... snigger...

Gamespot top 10 games that might happen in 2014 has listed shenmue 3 as a possible outcome.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/10-things-that-will-definitely-happen-in-games-in-2014-maybe/1100-6417184/

Gamespot top 10 games that might happen in 2014 has listed shenmue 3 as a possible outcome.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/10-things-that-will-definitely-happen-in-games-in-2014-maybe/1100-6417184/

I'll ride to the Game shop on Shergar the day of release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I'll put my head on the chopping/flaming block and say I genuinely believe a Shenmue 1&2 remake or Shenmue 3 will be announced for ps4 this year.

Personally I think it will come at the gdc conference. There have just been too many little hints and teasers.

It would also continue Sony's attempt to change their image to the company that listens to gamers. Not to mention there aren't many big exclusives that are up for grabs to sway gamers to a ps4 or xbox one.

• Advertisement

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/19/sega-loses-shenmue-trademark-after-failing-to-use-it-report/

Sega has lost the shenmue trademark after failing to use it.

where shenmue goes from here remains to be seen

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/19/sega-loses-shenmue-trademark-after-failing-to-use-it-report/

Sega has lost the shenmue trademark after failing to use it.

where shenmue goes from here remains to be seen

http://n4g.com/news/1460751/is-sony-teasing-shenmue-on-ps4

Please please please...... :)

Fieldog wrote: »

That is either a wonderful tease or some serious teasing :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Finally picked this up today. Looking forward to playing it later (whenever the girlfriend gets off Minecraft!)

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/classic-game-postmortem-shenmue/2300-6417813/

Shenmue postmortem panel will be starting today and live streamed at the link above for anyone who wants to watch

countdown time says 46 mins till it begins :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/classic-game-postmortem-shenmue/2300-6417813/

Shenmue postmortem panel will be starting today and live streamed at the link above for anyone who wants to watch

countdown time says 46 mins till it begins :)

It was interesting, a few funny bits like the bug with all the workers getting stuck in the store.

But come on "...", after all this time you either put us out of our misery or give an answer with a bit of substance. But this is just more of the same teasing.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/31/5566946/xbox-one-new-head-of-xbox-phil-spencer-gaming-first

Phil Spencer has said the biggest request they had was shenmue lol

Shenmue 3 still wouldn't be enough for me to buy the Xbone

• Advertisement

Shenmue 3 still wouldn't be enough for me to buy the Xbone

Leave the thread. This is for Shenmue fans only. Thanks. :)

http://www.insidegamer.nl/nieuws/112206/yu-suzuki-hint-naar-shenmue-3

Seems another possible hint that shenmue 3 may happen , here is hoping that this comes into fruition :)

1403876152.jpg

AlphaOmegaSin talking up Shenmue 3 as a possible Kickstarter project.

it seems Yu Suzuki 3 image was a light hearted joke according to shenmue dojo but he did say he is observing the possibility of kickstarter it and had a meal with Inafune over dinner how Mighty No 9 was approached.

it seems Yu Suzuki 3 image was a light hearted joke according to shenmue dojo but he did say he is observing the possibility of kickstarter it and had a meal with Inafune over dinner how Mighty No 9 was approached.

That picture of the "III" at the conference on the previous page made me drop my phone...

Half Life 3 confirmed.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

it seems Yu Suzuki 3 image was a light hearted joke

bit of a dick move if it was a joke

Keiji Infaune in a interview talking about his coversation with Yu Suzuki about kickstarting Shenmue 3

• Registered Users Posts: 33 atog

hope this happens

Its been awhile since I updated this thread while not much new news has gathered as of late I forgot to bring this little interesting sniplet

http://kotaku.com/shenmue-hd-is-being-made-by-a-fan-because-sega-1623064053

Shenmue fan has taken it to himself/herself to bring a hd version of shenmue
    while nothing may come of this in the end its beautiful to look at what one person has accomplished in there spare time.

gbi6whrcmrg9cgfjrkrc.gif

• Advertisement

In a recent podcast interview with The Inner Circle, Xbox’s Phil Spencer was presented with a list of games fans would love to be made for the Xbox One: Halo Wars 2, Alan Wake 2, MechAssault, Conker 3, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Fusion Frenzy, Banjo-Kazooie, Kameo 2, High Heat Baseball, Otagi, Knights of the Old Republic, and Shenmue. So, what did Spencer say in response?
    “There are a couple games on that list that we’re doing some work on, I’ll just say that.”

XCZHmMp.png

XCZHmMp.png

If phil works on shenmue 3 , I may need to convert to phil spenceranity

15cc0b72-5750-400e-96af-7fed27e70313.jpg

I am giving serious consideration to closing this pointless thread!
    Its not coming out.
    Ever!
    Build a bridge, as the kids say.

Master of the Universe

Might as well ask Retro to close the HL3 thread over in the games forum too so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Its not coming out.
    Ever!

Don't say that. Its coming back the same time Firefly season 2 and Half-Life 3 come out. Just gotta be patient.

Its not coming out.
    Ever!

Might aswell give my final speech to my shenmue troops

Troopers! I have just received new orders. Our superiors say the war is cancelled, and we can all go home. Sega is getting paid off for his crimes, and our friends will have waited here... will have waited for nothing. But... we can all go home. Meanwhile, ideas like Sailors, black cars and justice - they get packed up. But... we can all go home. Well... I'm not going home. I'm gonna get on my forums, and I'm going up-river, and I'm going to kick that son-of-a-bitch Sega ass so HARD... that the next Sega wanna-be is gonna feel it. Now who wants to go home... and who wants to go with ME!

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Might as well ask Retro to close the HL3 thread over in the games forum too so :pac:

Ah but folks actually care about HL3 coming out... :P

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ah but folks actually care about HL3 coming out... :P

Is richymcdermott not human? Does he not have feelings like the rest of us? :pac:

If done right, I think Shenmue 3 has the potential to be a more interesting game than HL3.

That's a big 'if' though... I really haven't a notion how it would pan out.

Is richymcdermott not human? Does he not have feelings like the rest of us? :pac:

If done right, I think Shenmue 3 has the potential to be a more interesting game than HL3.

That's a big 'if' though... I really haven't a notion how it would pan out.

give it to the yakuza team and it be alright

Master of the Universe

give it to the yakuza team and it be alright

You'd want to be at least doubling their production costs though. Yakuza cost about 20 million to make. For the full 'Shenmue effect' you need about 50 million :D

You'd want to be at least doubling their production costs though. Yakuza cost about 20 million to make. For the full 'Shenmue effect' you need about 50 million :D

yakuza cost was sorted with all the real product marketing they put in the game , practically paid for itself :L

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement