Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating in Cork

Options
  • 25-08-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

If my course doesn't come down 5 points in the second round, I'll be repeating next year and have been looking into different schools. I've been able to get plenty of information on Bruce and Hewitt from people who went there, but no one seems to even have heard of Deane college? Does anyone have any experience with Deane College or heard from people what its like in terms of the quality of the teachers. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

badgerpm wrote: »
    If my course doesn't come down 5 points in the second round, I'll be repeating next year and have been looking into different schools. I've been able to get plenty of information on Bruce and Hewitt from people who went there, but no one seems to even have heard of Deane college? Does anyone have any experience with Deane College or heard from people what its like in terms of the quality of the teachers. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've heard its pretty small but the teachers are good. If I was you i'd go to Bruce the teachers are fantastic, the ones I've had experience with anyway. The teachers are good in Hewitt as well though from what I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

I know Hewitt have an interview system where prospective students go in and have a chat/interview with the principal to see where they're coming from and what their options are. I presume there is a similar system in Bruce (could be wrong). Even if you don't end up repeating, there's nothing to lose in checking it out.

Advertisement